By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - EB Games Expo: Sony gives free PS4s to disabled gamer ; Microsoft "Sorry brah"

leo-j said:
how suprising, didn't microsoft do some extreemely homophobic PR not too long ago.... against a lesbian or something?

Not homophobic, transphobic.  They had a biological male who was transgendered on the stage with some guys, then asked if there were any ladies that wanted to come up, because they only had men.

Around the Network

PR stunts are already weird

Having everybody seem like they fall for them is scary

microsoft needs to learn good news travels but bad news travels 4 times as fast. Its part of the problem with not so hardcore/informed gamers think they still cant play used games on the xbo.

props to sony for the classy move.

It's a heartwarming story until you find out why that guy was in a wheelchair in the first place.

Hint: Baby-punching.

Adobo said:
Meanwhile, Bill gates continue to donate his billions to the poor while Sony is laughing and pointing at him.

But... but... but...

He is from Microsoft! He is clearly doing it all for evil purposes.

Around the Network

MS "We love handicapped people" campaign coming soon.

LiquorandGunFun said:
microsoft needs to learn good news travels but bad news travels 4 times as fast. Its part of the problem with not so hardcore/informed gamers think they still cant play used games on the xbo.

props to sony for the classy move.

classy move?  they had all there consoles upstairs  ms had consoles downstaris for them to play just not one game they wanted

Sony is the msot charitable and best company of all time confirmed!

It was really nice though but it has nothing to do with Sony as a whole.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

MS "We love handicapped people" campaign coming soon.

kowenicki said:
Kasz216 said:
leo-j said:
how suprising, didn't microsoft do some extreemely homophobic PR not too long ago.... against a lesbian or something?

Not homophobic, transphobic.  They had a biological male who was transgendered on the stage with some guys, then asked if there were any ladies that wanted to come up, because they only had men.

incorrect.

It was a hired comedian that said that, he was not an MS employee.

Im surprised the heavily altered OP and incorrect MS quote in the title is getting a free pass.

The gaf quote in the OP isnt acceptable.

Here is the updated story. Sounds like they have sorted everything out with Laura Dale now.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=687829

As for the OP story. I would blame the Expo for not having wheelchair access to the basement and second floor. This seems like something a big company like EBGames should prepare for. In the last 10 years I can't remember going to a building in the US that didn't have some sort of wheelchair access to all floors, except personal residences.