By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What is good about Windows 8?

Its great on my hybrid tablet with keydock. Responsive, offers touch aswell as classic desktop Internet Explorer is actually way way better than any other browser atleast on this device.

I am looking forward to 8.1 I like Windows 8 sofar,

But I can see it being pointless on a PC without touch controls. Which is why I use Win 7 on my PC but its vastly superior on a tablet it utterly destroys Windows 7.

Around the Network

It's faster, which means it is better because I can't find a single thing Windows 7 does better. You'll get used to it after a couple weeks and you'll realize it's just like WIndows 7 just faster and has some stuff in different places. People that compare it to vista must not have ever tried it or use or the windows rt version which is bad on pc.

Everyone that I know that has it raves about how quick it is compared to other OSes

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Anyone that has used Windows 8 for more than 10 minutes has probably already installed classic shell ... which turns it into a faster version of Windows 7 basically.

Maybe there is more to complain about, but I really just use it for Internet, gaming, word processing, ect. and nothing too fancy so maybe if you are writing apps or code or something on it things are different, but for everyday use it is a fine OS.

If nothing else, at least it starts up super fast. I used Vista for years, and I could practically take a shower and get ready for the day in the time it took just to start up.