By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tales of Xillia NA/Europe Sales Subpar, Bad News For Future Localisations?

So it looks like Xillia's sales are pretty much stable now and won't go up by much now and the numbers are not very impressive and that is putting it nicely :/.  Just to compare it to the other two Tales of games that came out this gen(all #s from VGC):

Tales of Vesperia: NA - 0.28, Europe - 0.13

Tales of Graces f: NA - 0.24, Europe - 0.09

Tales of Xillia: NA - 0.13, Europe - 0.06

I don't really understand why the sales are dropping more and more when imo the games are getting better and better.  I am especially surprised that Vesperia, which is a 360 exclusive outside of Japan, sold better than Graces f and Xillia in Europe when those are PS3 exclusives and I thought PS3 was more prevalent in Europe. 

We still have Xillia 2 and Symphonia HD Collection coming out in 2014 and I'm a little worried that if the games keep selling less then they will no longer be localised, which would be terrible because I think the Tales of games as a series are the best JRPGs this gen.  So anyway what do you guys think?

Around the Network

Tales of Graces f sold 63k first month in NA. We still got Tales of Xilia.

I'm sure the numbers are a good bit higher if digital number come into play.

NobleTeam360 said:

Tbh I don't think digital sales will be significant, but even if they were sales in NA would need to be doubled to be around the same as Vesperia and Graces f.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Tbh I don't think digital sales will be significant, but even if they were sales in NA would need to be doubled to be around the same as Vesperia and Graces f.

Already told you - your numbers are VGChartz numbers.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Yeah, I really love the Tales series so I was just trying to find something to go on.  I hope the series doesn't continue to decline in sales, hopefully Tales Xillia 2 will do better than Xillia. 

Lawlight said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Unless you can provide a link to more precise numbers this is all we have to work with.

Lawlight said:
Tales of Graces f sold 63k first month in NA. We still got Tales of Xilia.

Xillia won't have the benefit that Graces f had.  After Graces f came out it still had plenty of time to stay on store shelves and let sales pile up, time is working against Xillia with next gen right around the corner stores are gonna need more space and cut down on current gen games, I highly doubt a game like Xillia will be kept.  Also with huge games like GTA I doubt holiday sales will be very significant.  

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Lawlight said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Unless you can provide a link to more precise numbers this is all we have to work with.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39274208&postcount=322

That's LTD as of June so probably March till May.

If 63,000 in 3 months can get us ToX, then I think more than 100K in 1 month bodes well for us.

Its kind of bit unfair to put the sales numbers of the 3 together because Tales of Vesperia has 6 years of sales on that chart. Tales of Graces: F has 2 and Tales of Xillia does not even have one year under its belt.