By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why aren’t PS4 and Xbox One titles hitting 1080p?

Cj2i3 said:
Once the cloud power is activated there won't be a game on the Xbone that can't run at 1080p.

lmao no. What happenes if someone is playing offline? Their AI and resolution will drop? it's not going to happen.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
CGI-Quality said:

Nothing "special" or "magical" about high-end PCs either. They're just more capable. Through-and-through, the thread title and opening sentence make little sense, when all three next gen machines have games running in 1080p, with the exceptional oddballs. 

For someone who tries to come off as a PC tech guy, you do a lot to try to bring the platform down.

"Tries to come off as a PC tech guy" "Bring the platform down". Pure, unadulterated, comdey. I've seen some bullshit from you before, Lister, but this takes the cake. Of course I'd like examples, but you can't provide what's not there. ;)

Now on topic: No matter the amount of power, there's nothing happening that's "out of the realm of believeablity", even on the highest end, user PC. It's just more of what the consoles also provide, by certain percents, depending on the spec. 

actually everything I post is pretty much based off of factual evidence.

I cant go through your post history so easily but later on today I will go over your posts here and on N4g and show examples of you talking specs and other stuff.

Noticed you skipped over my other point. Guess its because you couldnt argue against it.

IB-E/Titanx2 Rig complete!

Yeah you dont try to come off as a PC guy at all. One example many more to come

iamdeath said:
Cj2i3 said:
Once the cloud power is activated there won't be a game on the Xbone that can't run at 1080p.

lmao no. What happenes if someone is playing offline? Their AI and resolution will drop? it's not going to happen.

The power of the cloud is everywhere, as long as a cloud can be seen the Xbone will utilize it making it ever more powerful! Don't underestimate power of cloud.

Cj2i3 said:
iamdeath said:
Cj2i3 said:

The power of the cloud is everywhere, as long as a cloud can be seen the Xbone will utilize it making it ever more powerful! Don't underestimate power of cloud.

No. The cloud is not an MS only thing, and devs wont split the user base, the cloud for gaming is years and years away. It's MS pr.

iamdeath said:
Cj2i3 said:
iamdeath said:
Cj2i3 said:

No. The cloud is not an MS only thing, and devs wont split the user base, the cloud for gaming is years and years away. It's MS pr.

You clearly don't see that I'm joking?

Around the Network

Same reason Wii U games weren't immediately better with PS360 ports.

It takes time to learn the new hardware and its related software.

Cj2i3 said:
iamdeath said:
Cj2i3 said:
iamdeath said:
Cj2i3 said:

You clearly don't see that I'm joking?

We'll it's hard to tell, people say some pretty dumb things on forums, as I am sure you know.

its the beginning of the gen lol

because the expectations for consoles is always unfairly higher.
who in their right mind would expect a £350 PC to run battlefield 4 at 1080p 60fps? so why should a console?
Its optimisation that makes console hardware perform better than equivalent PC hardware, but since the consoles are not even released, optimisation techniques are far from perfected.

Look at the best PS3/360 games from 2007 and look at the best ones today. miles apart. KZ shadowfall will look like a joke when Killzone 5 is released, even though shadowfall looks pretty damn good.

realgamer said:
petroleo said:
PS4 exclusives are hitting 1080p meanwhile on the Xbox one mmm, I will leave it like that. ;)

Ok you do make me laugh even Ryse on 900p looks so much better than killzone  

Your opinion

I expect KSZF to smoke Ryse on framerate, resolution, particles, effects, etc