By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Somebody please help me with my computer

kk, I will try right now.

I'll also check the voltage thing in the BIOS that truthiness reccommended.

Around the Network

Well, reinstalling the drivers didn't work. Although it did take them longer then usual to crash. I was able to play the Crysis demo up until I got on the beach, meaning that it lasted through the flight, parachute and swimming, the second I started walking, the drivers crashed.

TBH, I'm starting to believe that even a complete Vista reinstall won't work, wouldn't it just be the same as reinstalling the drivers?

I wouldn't re-install vista.
What exactly happens when it crashes? Does the computer auto shutdown or does it just freeze like a screen shot?

Good to see this site is still going 

To be honest if you're having this much trouble I'd consider getting a different card or at least take it back and explain the problems you're having.

Good to see this site is still going 

This still sounds like it's power related, give me the entire specs of your system. Cpu, power supply, ram, motherboard, hard drives etc.

There is another issue though and maybe you might want to use driver cleaner to fix it up. It sounds like you most likely didn't uninstall your old video drivers properly. You should always boot into safe mode when removing drivers. It'd be nice if the graphics card companies told you this but it's really the best way to uninstall that stuff. So reboot into safe mode, uninstall your drivers and then reboot back into normal windows and re-install the proper drivers for your card.

If it's not your drivers or power supply then there is a problem with the card.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

Right, well, I completly reinstalled Vista, so there's no chance of any old drivers lurking around and messing up my system.

But, I'm still having issues.

DarkNight_DS:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 5600+ 2.8 GHz
nVidia 8800gt 512mb
4092mb RAM (Kingston, or Corsair)
Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit
Asus M2N-E SLI (nForce 500 Chipset, SLI, 7.1 Audio, Firewire) ((nForce 500 = nForce 4.5)
ATX 12V 2.0V Maximum Power 600W

It is also possible you got a bum card. If everything was working before the card, and it looks like your PSU is 600w. I would just call the peeps where you got it from and have it swapped out. This is a new computer and shouldn't have to go through trouble shooting.

dont judge the power of a psu solely on the watts, there are other factors that are very important too.

to op, see if you can find the brand/model of the psu and post back.