By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Zelda Gets Mediocre Debut in Japan

Tagged games:

Why is anyone expecting a re-release of a game on a low selling console to sell amazingly well? WW HD should have reasonable but not fantastic sales. If Ocarina of Time on 3DS can't reach 50% of the sales of OOT on N64, then Wind Waker HD isn't going to come close to 50% of WW GC sales.

I think it can do 1 million LTD, which is fine and not a criticism at all because HD re-releases aren;t meant to sell huge numbers and making 1 million in sales is more than adequate. But 1 million, over an extended period of time, isn't going to do anything for the fortunes of the Wii U. If anyone was expecting WW HD to be part of the saving of Wii U then they were not being realistic about what a WW re-release can do.

So for the OP to say it got a mediocre debut, to me, suggests an unrealistic expectation. I think a top 10 spot for WW HD on debut is a good result and meets expectations.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

I wonder how many people got the Digital version 2 weeks earlier  instead

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Lyrikalstylez said:
I honestly think American sales will be similar, for three reasons

It's an old game

Small user base

Zelda's tend to have a niche market now a days

Preorders in USA are around 80k.

Isn't it just an hd remake of an old game? I don't think anyone was really expecting it to set the world on fire.