By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wealthy Vita owner's, what would get you to want a less powerful 3ds?

I'd like a 3DS eventually, maybe even a 2DS, for really cheap. There are several games on it that I would like to play, like Fire Emblem (mostly this) and Ace Attorney. I can't remember all of them right now. However, most of the non-rpg library everyone talks about doesn't really appeal to me--I have little interest Donkey Kong, all the Mario games, the social stuff like Animal Crossing, or most of the other platformers.

There is also such a difference in the quality of the hardware. The Vita is, in my honest opinion, the best piece of gaming hardware that I have ever touched. A 3DS is a step back, which I don't think anyone would deny.

As far as being wealthy, I'm not, but with PS+, I don't really need to be. I always have games to play, and the Vita has sooo many high-quality indie games for cheap and really good sales. Not that there aren't a ton of games I want to get eventually: Dragon's Crown, Killzone, Tearaway, and a whole slew of JRPGs that are slated to release.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Mario, Mario Kart, classic come backs, Smash, Japan imports, Animal Crossing, killer 3rd party games, do not seem to interest you because maybe the visuals are not up to date or you just do not trust Nintendo anymore maybe?

So what would get you to purchase one? Or even consider it?

Its been a while since I've been here and decided to drop for a little visit and this particular thread caught my eye...now...why just focus on the "wealthy vita owners"? Is it your impression that most people who got the vita got moneyz to burn? Coz I have two Vitas and I sure as hell haz no more moneyz! lol!

Anyways, I might as well give my 2 cents on the subject matter...  just to get this out of the way, I do not like Mario, any of its iterations nor any game that involves him in any way, shape or form and I dont like pokemon even more.

With that said, I was a 3Ds owner first before I sold it due to some financial issues, then got a Vita when I managed to get some disposable income. I don't know what everyone is smoking saying that the 3Ds' games look ugly, but thats not really true. Sure, the Vita's games may look leaps and bounds better and the OELD screen makes it look even more supperior, but the 3Ds' games aint that bad looking.

I enjoyed LoZ:OoT and RE Mercenaries, as well as SFIV, and DOA Dimensions. I really liked the 3d aspect too, which is why I do not like the newly announced 2Ds, In fact, I damn it! I DAMN IT TO HELL!! I'm currently looking itno getting a 3Ds again...that or an Ipad since my son wants an Ipad...but still, if and when I get the chance, Imma getting a second 3Ds to replace the one I sold. I'm looking forward to hopefuly being able to play that new SMT game, and that crossover sprg game thingy, plus the tekken with 3d...yeah... I loved the 3D and always almost played with 3D on..except when aming using the motion controls as it made me dizzy trying to aim and maintain the 3D at the same time. truth be told, I dont paly so often anymore, just a little burst of gaming here and there for a total of 20-30mins a day, but playing in 3D again would be just awesome!

Anyone who likes to play games or are true gamers should have both consoles or if money is tite should want to have both, anyone who disses one or the other are just blind fanboys who should just stop pretending that they are gamers and should accept that they are not gamers but just plain blind fanboys.

I'm not wealthy but own a vita-maybe wrong thread.

Three things could make me buying a 3ds/wii u.

Achievements/Trophies-though i'm not a trophy whore nor have i ever tried to show someone ny trophies i got so used to this that i'd miss them.

New IP's or revival of good ol' ips- too tired of old ip's.Nintendos last interessting new ip(pikmin) is 10 years old.

Less candy style games,or to be more accurate:more non candy style games as i don't care how much candy style games they release-i don't have to buy them,but i want an alternative.Just like it was with Rare.At that time Nintendos Line up was much more balanced.
Now you have 17 mario-something games and the rest looks like kirby or wii fit.

tbh-i'd ignore the last two arguements but something like a platin trophy for finishing a 3d mario game 100% or donkey kong country 101% would be great.

I don't know why you said "wealthy" vita owners, not everyone exactly fits that category who owns a Vita and not every 3DS owner is exactly the opposite. One thing that would make me buy a 3DS is an account system because I want to go all digital. Since Iwata says it's coming, maybe I will soon.

Kresnik said:
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:

Actually we'd tell you to play Kid Icarus Uprising, Tales of the Abyss,Fire Emblem, every single game you can find from Atlus, Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, Resident Evil Revelations,Monster Hunter,Virtues Last Reward, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, your choice of a fighting game (4 different ones) and a variety of other games. Along with DS's wide ass catalog from every game genre underneath the sun. And no there are no N64 games on the 3DS.
There are racing games from the systems first year there is like one or two good ones, but I dont play those on it.

And Kingdom Hearts if you're into that. The E-Shop itself is full of a bunch of stuff too.

I wouldnt get Mario Kart 7 personally. Japan has a lot more 3DS games actually.

@ underlined, good shout!  I forgot about Tales.  That would be added to my list of definite buys.

As for the rest of them - I don't buy Atlus games on Vita, and I don't have much interest in them on 3DS either.  Didn't buy Resident Evil Revelations on consoles, so not interested on 3DS.  I hate Monster Hunter (and before you ask: I hate God Eater too).  Virtue's Last Reward is on Vita and I don't own it.  Never played an Ace Attorney game before.  Owned Professor Layton & the Curious Village for DS, didn't enjoy it too much.  Listed Tekken as my choice of fighting game.

I may have to check out Kid Icarus if I can find it for sub £15.

Thanks for the suggestions in any case.

Do you not enjoy Etrian Odyssey? Or dungeon crawling?

Also if you like a good rythym game, you should get Rythym Thief or Final Fantasy Theaterythym (a really good one)

Also if you like harvest moon, a new beginning is apparently a good entry

Around the Network
ils411 said:
spurgeonryan said:

Mario, Mario Kart, classic come backs, Smash, Japan imports, Animal Crossing, killer 3rd party games, do not seem to interest you because maybe the visuals are not up to date or you just do not trust Nintendo anymore maybe?

So what would get you to purchase one? Or even consider it?

Its been a while since I've been here and decided to drop for a little visit and this particular thread caught my eye...now...why just focus on the "wealthy vita owners"? Is it your impression that most people who got the vita got moneyz to burn? Coz I have two Vitas and I sure as hell haz no more moneyz! lol!

Anyways, I might as well give my 2 cents on the subject matter...  just to get this out of the way, I do not like Mario, any of its iterations nor any game that involves him in any way, shape or form and I dont like pokemon even more.

With that said, I was a 3Ds owner first before I sold it due to some financial issues, then got a Vita when I managed to get some disposable income. I don't know what everyone is smoking saying that the 3Ds' games look ugly, but thats not really true. Sure, the Vita's games may look leaps and bounds better and the OELD screen makes it look even more supperior, but the 3Ds' games aint that bad looking.

I enjoyed LoZ:OoT and RE Mercenaries, as well as SFIV, and DOA Dimensions. I really liked the 3d aspect too, which is why I do not like the newly announced 2Ds, In fact, I damn it! I DAMN IT TO HELL!! I'm currently looking itno getting a 3Ds again...that or an Ipad since my son wants an Ipad...but still, if and when I get the chance, Imma getting a second 3Ds to replace the one I sold. I'm looking forward to hopefuly being able to play that new SMT game, and that crossover sprg game thingy, plus the tekken with 3d...yeah... I loved the 3D and always almost played with 3D on..except when aming using the motion controls as it made me dizzy trying to aim and maintain the 3D at the same time. truth be told, I dont paly so often anymore, just a little burst of gaming here and there for a total of 20-30mins a day, but playing in 3D again would be just awesome!

Anyone who likes to play games or are true gamers should have both consoles or if money is tite should want to have both, anyone who disses one or the other are just blind fanboys who should just stop pretending that they are gamers and should accept that they are not gamers but just plain blind fanboys.

Perhaps you should get your son a 2DS.

But yeah I have to agree with you about the 3DS.

OLED's dont last long anyway. So LCD It is .

No N64 games on 3DS? Umm... Star Fox 64 and LoZ OOT?

The 3DS is my favourite handheld console ever. I play with the street pass mini games every day for about 40 mins before I even get to actual games! So much fun, brilliant games. Can't go wrong!!!

Those are remakes^

He means the rom dumps.

I want to convince myself into buying a 3DS, but just can't seem to find a valid reason for this purchase. I'm really fed up with Mario games, haven't even played all of the ones I have for the Wii! So if I decide I want to play me some Mario, I'm gonna start my Wii or DS (I still play them from time to time anyway). Zelda? Well, Ocarina of Time is tempting, but not tempting enough. If N released a remake of Majora's Mask, then I'd most probably consider getting a 3DS.

But to tell the truth - there just are next to no games that I'd really want to play on 3DS. What is more, playing it would feel like playing previous gen compared to what Vita gives me. The screen quality, the graphics, the controls, the sheer built quality of the console, all is inferior.

Additionally, my favourite genre of games are TPP games and they are just so much better on Vita with double analogs and beautiful graphics (Uncharted is mindblowing, ACIII:L is good as well, Gravity Rush is very good and we have a sequel coming, I'm hoping for an inFamous as well). Apart from TPP games I love RPGs, but mainly wRPGs, so again 3DS just doesn't cut it. I know Vita doesn't have wRPGs as well, so here is a field that 3DS could possibly step into.

So what would N have to do to get my money? Redesign the 3DS to include the second analog stick, release a bunch of awesome TPP games and a bunch of Western RPGs (preferably with TPP perspective as well ;) ). As it is right now - I'll just probably wait till 3DS is pretty much dead, then buy it and its best games on the cheap.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

You could just by A CPP. Will improve ergonomics too if that's your issue.

I had to buy a case for the vita backside to get it to feel comfortable >_>

I personally think Kid Icarus looks better than Resdient Evil.