By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U VC |OT|: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (All) Demon's Crest + Axelay (PAL)

When Nintendo decides which VC games to release, does anybody actually play them to see if they still hold up at all? Most of the time, for me, the answer is a resounding NO.

Around the Network

They usually hold up for me.

The original Donkey Kong game is probably the only one I bought and didn't have much desire to play again.

But that's just 1 game of the 19 I've bought for the Wii U's VC.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

_crazy_man_ said:

They usually hold up for me.

The original Donkey Kong game is probably the only one I bought and didn't have much desire to play again.

But that's just 1 game of the 19 I've bought for the Wii U's VC.

Yeah, the ones I actually buy are the ones that hold up.  They release a lot of poop that nobody buys, though.  I got NES Open for the 3DS (Ambassador Program for example) and it sucks.  It should never have been released on the Wii U.  It won't do anything positive for Nintendo's situation.

Better to release something than nothing at all.

Week 7 In the Virtual Console

Super Contra (NA)

Dr. Mario (PAL)

LoZ: Link to the Past (Japan)

Marvelous: Another Treasure Island (Japan)

Confrimed for Next Week

Japan: Final Fantasy IV, Elevator Action, Space Manbrow

Around the Network

I want Super Mario RPG on the Wii U VC...I want to get it from the Club Nintendo rewards, but I don't have a classic controller pro to play it on the Wii mode, and I don't want to hook up my normal Wii just to play the game using the GC controller....talk about first world problems haha.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:

I want Super Mario RPG on the Wii U VC...I want to get it from the Club Nintendo rewards, but I don't have a classic controller pro to play it on the Wii mode, and I don't want to hook up my normal Wii just to play the game using the GC controller....talk about first world problems haha.

Are they that hard to find these days?

_crazy_man_ said:
osed125 said:

Are they that hard to find these days?

Probably not, is just that I won't find any use to it. At some point, N64 and most SNES games will be available on the Wii U, so I won't need the classic controller pro. And I won't spend money on something that is a whim more than anything else.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Week 8 In the Virtual Console

Ice Hockey (NA + PAL)

Final Fantasy IV (Japan)

Elevator Action (Japan)

Space Manbrow (Japan)

Confrimed for Next Week

Japan: Dr. Mario, Super Star Soilder, Romancing SaGa 3

Newly Listed Games

All Regions: Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga and Metroid Fusion

NA + PAL: Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advanced 3

PAL: Driller 2 and Klonoa: Empire of Dreams

Japan: F-Zero: Maximum Velocity, Advance Wars, Advanced Wars 2: Black Hole Rising, Kirby & The Amazing Mirror, Wario Ware, Inc.: Mega Microgames!, Golden Sun, Super Mario Advanced 2: Super Mario World, Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, Mario Tennis Advanced, Wario Land 4, LoZ: Minish Cap

Thanks for keeping us updated crazy_man! I'm excited about these GBA games. Much better to buy from the Virtual Console than root through bins at used game stores or roll the dice on eBay.