By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft demonstrates Halo 4 streaming from cloud to PC and Windows Phone

the next step
but streaming to phone and tabletts with shitty touch controls?would even make halo2 boring.
Streaming to wii u tablett would be a more usefull thing

Around the Network
papamudd said:
nightsurge said:
kitler53 said:

behind close doors doesn't really count for market perception.  sony is launching early 2014.  that will make MS the me-too of cloud gaming services.

That is a ridiculous statement. Maybe if Sony were the first to do cloud gaming service, but they aren't.

I believe MS definitely hired on several good employees of OnLive after they went out of business. Probably had a good role in this, even though as others have said, this isn't much different to what MS has already done for ages.

OnLive is still in business... you can even use MS Office through OnLive now

Sorry, meant bankruptcy, not out of business. Bad wording.

So MS showed us what Sony is by now only talking about? Nice :) I am looking forward to Gaikai still but I am still curious how it will perform.

kowenicki said:
Adinnieken said:
kitler53 said:
kowenicki said:
kitler53 said:
i figured MS would get into this game eventually. wonder how far behind MS will be in getting this to market. hopefully for MS's sake they aren't too late to market again.

MS will have had this tech for years.  It really isnt difficult, its pretty basic stuff.  I'm still shocked Sony decided to buy it in.

behind close doors doesn't really count for market perception.  sony is launching early 2014.  that will make MS the me-too of cloud gaming services.

Well, Microsoft has been doing virtual remote desktops for years.  You even have the ability to watch movies or listen to music via remote devices.  The concept of streaming games isn't far removed from streaming desktops.

yep. I was using a remote desktop 6 years ago for our virtual server.... we're cloud now obviously.

Like I said, it isnt difficult tech and its been part of MS offering for years.

Mmhhh.. Remote Desktop is different to game-streaming.

I will take a native build thanks

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
walsufnir said:

same basic idea. a program runs on a computer somewhere else than your location, you access it through a network, provide feedback with a controller, keyboard, or mouse. i dont see the big difference, its the same basic idea, just with a lower lat needed

If this ends up being backwards with Games on Demand purchases I'm all for it. If MS wants to go all digital down the road they have to be supportive with past purchases and not making us re-buy everything. I look forward to trying this out on the XB1. I'd like to see even further enhancements, such as playing original XBox games so we can support the entire MS libary.

It's just that simple.

endimion said:
And I know gaikai on ps4 is supposed to bring ps1/2 game library to it in 2014... but do we have confirmation of ps3 library??? and if yes WHEN???

yes.  at launch in 2014.

thranx said:
walsufnir said:

same basic idea. a program runs on a computer somewhere else than your location, you access it through a network, provide feedback with a controller, keyboard, or mouse. i dont see the big difference, its the same basic idea, just with a lower lat needed

Technically it is different. Protocols like RDP are much better nowadays like back many years what VNC did (the vanilla VNC).

Try to run a game via RDP...

zarx said:
I will take a native build thanks

Same. The bandwidth requirements for streaming games at 7680x1440 would be downright insane for me.
I won't take anything less than the best, so having it run natively would be better.

On my Windows Phone however... BRING IT!

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--