By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Devil May Cry 4 and Eternal Sonata in action for all you PS3 and 360 owners

It's part of a show they do on 1up.com it's not just gameplay video.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/watch?video=11238&largeFormat=wmv

Both lookin' good :D 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

eternal sonata still not announced for the ps3... esrb pulled the listing for it, so it was most likely a mistake.

Actually it's been removed altogether not just the ps3 version...

eques judicii said:
eternal sonata still not announced for the ps3... esrb pulled the listing for it, so it was most likely a mistake.

After blue dragon sales no indipendent japanese dev will release a rpg only on the 360,  its just not worth it.

namco and sony always had good relationships. and now, when they created new developer studio "Cellius", and Tekken6 will be made on arcades based Cell, it will only prove their friendship. And by the way, you won`t find anywhere "trusty bell" with "xbox360 only".

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

eternal sonata doesn't even look that great to me. none of these rpgs have matched up to what I have seen from FFXIII. time will tell, though.

Legend11 said:
Blue3 said:
eques judicii said:

After blue dragon sales no indipendent japanese dev will release a rpg only on the 360,  its just not worth it.

Don't you think developers might be waiting to see how the game does in North America and Europe?  If the game sells well in other markets (where the vast bulk of the 360's installed base is) it might just give them incentive to make some for a console that isn't already crowded with rival Japanese rpgs.

I'd buy that argument if you were referring to the PS2 instead of the PS3. By the time Eternal Sonata/Trusty Bell comes out, there'll only be about 2 other JRPGs out on the PS3: FolksSoul and Enchanted Arms. I would argue that the PS3 crowd (who probably loves their JRPGs) are absolutely starved for something like Eternal Sonata, and therefore it makes even more sense to bring the game to the PS3.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Blue Dragon will do better in NA than Japan, I am almost sure of that. As for Eternal Sonata not being as good as FF XIII, I think that's pretty obvious, that's like saying a brand new shooter is better than Halo. Doesn't mean it's not good, it's looking pretty good to me, nothing crazy but good looking game with seemingly good gameplay.

CrazzyMan said:
namco and sony always had good relationships. and now, when they created new developer studio "Cellius", and Tekken6 will be made on arcades based Cell, it will only prove their friendship. And by the way, you won`t find anywhere "trusty bell" with "xbox360 only".

Kane and Lynch was "xbox360 only" and now its on PS3, even that does not mean much.