By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Poor kid punished for looking at his X-mas gifts early. (He wanted a 360)

Worst thread ever.

It has parents playing cruel pranks on children, people who think that peeking at presents is grounds for emotional abuse (and that's exactly what this is), and people who crack racist jokes and then berate people for not enduring their intolerance.

I'm pretty disgusted.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
famousringo said:
Worst thread ever.

It has parents playing cruel pranks on children, people who think that peeking at presents is grounds for emotional abuse (and that's exactly what this is), and people who crack racist jokes and then berate people for not enduring their intolerance.

I'm pretty disgusted.
 emotional abuse? He deserved much more. what he did was inexscusable.

> emotional abuse? He deserved much more. what he did was inexscusable.

yeah, I agree, they should call the police and let them arrest him for 'petty theft'

wait, some idiot in US already pulled that one.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Frodo30 said:
famousringo said:
Worst thread ever.

I'm pretty disgusted.

What looks like an 8 year old sneaked a look at what he was getting for Christmas. How is the inexcusable?

What is inexcusable is an entire family ganging up on one child and emotionally abusing him on purpose, still taunting him even when he has broken down in tears. Thats actually just fucking sick and is worse than anything I have seen kids do to one another, and kids are pretty cruel. Thats not how you raise a child, thats how you break a child.  If those parents do similar things to this kid often, not on the same scale but still emotionally hurt him, the kid is going to end completely and utterly screwed up emotionally.

People like that shouldn't be allowed kids. 

At least they got him the console, I can't imagine how happy he was we he got it, it must have been the best day of his life!

Around the Network
Rath said:
Frodo30 said:
famousringo said:
Worst thread ever.

I'm pretty disgusted.

What looks like an 8 year old sneaked a look at what he was getting for Christmas. How is the inexcusable?

What is inexcusable is an entire family ganging up on one child and emotionally abusing him on purpose, still taunting him even when he has broken down in tears. Thats actually just fucking sick and is worse than anything I have seen kids do to one another, and kids are pretty cruel. Thats not how you raise a child, thats how you break a child. If those parents do similar things to this kid often, not on the same scale but still emotionally hurt him, the kid is going to end completely and utterly screwed up emotionally.

the kid should have known not to peak and that it was wrong to. despite that it did it and that is inexscusable and deserves to be punished. that kid is a worthless brat.

Right or wrong, I bet that he won't make the same mistake again. If I would done that and my parents found out, they would have just took my gifts back. At least he got his 360 in the end. They shouldn't have went so far as to mock him though.

Frodo30 said:
Rath said:
Frodo30 said:
famousringo said:
Worst thread ever.

I'm pretty disgusted.

What is inexcusable is an entire family ganging up on one child and emotionally abusing him on purpose, still taunting him even when he has broken down in tears. Thats actually just fucking sick and is worse than anything I have seen kids do to one another, and kids are pretty cruel. Thats not how you raise a child, thats how you break a child. If those parents do similar things to this kid often, not on the same scale but still emotionally hurt him, the kid is going to end completely and utterly screwed up emotionally.

the kid should have known not to peak and that it was wrong to. despite that it did it and that is inexscusable and deserves to be punished. that kid is a worthless brat.

Correct me if I'm wrong but little children are generally very curious. Having a small child not open his presents if he found them would mean the child is already messed up. This kind of reminds me of the whole ADD?ADHD issue, "OMG my child is so wild and out of control, all he does is yell and run around." Well children NORMALLY do that. Trying to beat the child part out of the child is just wrong in itself. When he grows up a little more the kid will learn that finding your presents early means that he won't get any presents on the actual Christmas, so he will just wait. Also if this is what a child deserves for taking an early peek at his presents then by your logic anyone guilty of petty theft should be sent to the electric chair.

Thatmax said:
i feel like crying now : (

oh and btw if you cant take a little racist joke as a joke then your not gonna survive very long in the real world

I'm sorry but that was quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

@veiam Apperently logic has nothing to do with raising children only Emotion. My child has angered me I must beat them.

Acting out your anger on a child is the worst pssible idea. Your not solving a problem but rather creating many more. It seems to me alot of people on here think ruling with fear is best.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1