By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Trend is about to be Reversed - Officially

CrazzyMan said:
Wii already bought almost by all nintendo fans.
Many casual gamers which bought GC also bought Wii already.
Now, there also not little part of casual non-gamers, which bought Wii already.

So, practically in future, wii will be bough mostly by casual non-gamers and maybe 10-20% of casual gamers.
So it will be interesting to see, what will be wii sales, after most previous GC owners bought wii.

well......Wii sales will continue to sky-rocket because the casual market that has been tapped is only the tip of the iceberg

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

y is there so much apathy toward Nintendo developers? So what if 3rd parties don't sell on Wii. That's because their games arn't up to the level on Nintendo Developers' games. Is there something worng about making consistant good games time after time?

I don't care about 3rd party games selling on the Wii. I'm talking about the Wii's library itself. Nintendo isn't the only developer that I like. The industry is so large and diverse, and it has much more to offer than Nintendo. Nintendo is in no vastly superior to the rest of the great developers out there. In my opinion, Nintendo is just another great developer. They're not way, way better than the other great developers out there. There games alone do not make a consoles games better than another consoles games.

Hmm  I agree with Riot.. 

I agree with konnichiwa's agreement of Riot.  Well stated Riot

CrazzyMan said:
Wii already bought almost by all nintendo fans.
Many casual gamers which bought GC also bought Wii already.
Now, there also not little part of casual non-gamers, which bought Wii already.

So, practically in future, wii will be bough mostly by casual non-gamers and maybe 10-20% of casual gamers.
So it will be interesting to see, what will be wii sales, after most previous GC owners bought wii.

I am assuming (and it is hard to tell) that you are sayign you are interested to see how the Wii will sell after all the Nintendo fans have bought it. The answer is it will continue to sell at a phenomenol rate like it has been for over  year now. The Wii passed the Japan and Others totals of the Gamecube before the hollidays. Gamers have bought and will continue to buy the system in addition to its expanded audience.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Looking at the banned poster, what happens when your vg money goes into the negative?

Further, how negative can you before you hit the max negative number.

Oh yeah, go Wii!!!!

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

^y are u talking about VG$?

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
Stillwell said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
I really wish the good console could have been the market leader one more time. We haven't had a proper market leader since the SNES.

But the DS IS the marked leader, so you are wrong. And if you don't think the DS deserves to be the marked leader, god help your gaming tastes.

The DS is fantastic, but I don't compare it to the consoles. I consider the Wii to be our market leader, which is a shame.

So the last console you consider a "proper market leader" was from Nintendo, and now that Nintendo is once again on top you don't like it? 

Games are the best measure of a console's worth.  For the past decade we've had to choose between the awesomeness of Nintendo games and the awesomeness of the huge number of awesome games that naturally end up on the leading console.  At last both of these groups are again going to be united and I have to ask:  why are you so upset?  Judging from other posts
I don't care about 3rd party games selling on the Wii. I'm talking about the Wii's library itself. Nintendo isn't the only developer that I like. The industry is so large and diverse, and it has much more to offer than Nintendo. Nintendo is in no vastly superior to the rest of the great developers out there. In my opinion, Nintendo is just another great developer. They're not way, way better than the other great developers out there. There games alone do not make a consoles games better than another consoles games.
I would guess that you think that third parties will inexplicably decide not to put great games on the console with as much market share as its two competitors combined and I would like to know why you would think that would happen (if I am right). 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Stillwell said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
I really wish the good console could have been the market leader one more time. We haven't had a proper market leader since the SNES.

But the DS IS the marked leader, so you are wrong. And if you don't think the DS deserves to be the marked leader, god help your gaming tastes.

The DS is fantastic, but I don't compare it to the consoles. I consider the Wii to be our market leader, which is a shame.

So the last console you consider a "proper market leader" was from Nintendo, and now that Nintendo is once again on top you don't like it? 

Games are the best measure of a console's worth.  For the past decade we've had to choose between the awesomeness of Nintendo games and the awesomeness of the huge number of awesome games that naturally end up on the leading console.  At last both of these groups are again going to be united and I have to ask:  why are you so upset?  Judging from other posts
I would guess that you think that third parties will inexplicably decide not to put great games on the console with as much market share as its two competitors combined and I would like to know why you would think that would happen (if I am right). 

I don't get why you think that Final-Fan.  He is only saying that Nintendo is just a great developper like their are others and his taste/interests of games goes beyond the Nintendo games..

DMeisterJ said:
konnichiwa said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

y is there so much apathy toward Nintendo developers? So what if 3rd parties don't sell on Wii. That's because their games arn't up to the level on Nintendo Developers' games. Is there something worng about making consistant good games time after time?

Hmm  I agree with Riot.. 

I agree as well. If Nintendo's games satisfy all your gaming needs, more power to you, but even though Nintendo has many great games and franchises (other than most of their Mario franchises), there's more to gaming than Nintendo. There's photo-realistic, pulse pounding, action packed FPSs and racers that you aren't REQUIRED to use a motion sensor to drive the car. (believe me, after a few motion sensor races in Motorstorm, I firmly decided I will NEVER get Mario Kart Wii even though I LOVED mario kart on the Cube. And fyi, other than the pointer capability of the Wiimote, which doesn;t help when "driving" a vehicle, the Wiimote's and Sixaxis's motion sensors are practically identical) So yeah, for the present, I'll stick with my PS3; though I won't hesitate to buy a game for my Wii if a game comes out that interests me, though I've seen nothing in the forseeable future that fits that category.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

konnichiwa said:
Final-Fan said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Stillwell said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

Games are the best measure of a console's worth. For the past decade we've had to choose between the awesomeness of Nintendo games and the awesomeness of the huge number of awesome games that naturally end up on the leading console. At last both of these groups are again going to be united and I have to ask: why are you so upset? Judging from other posts

I don't get why you think that Final-Fan. He is only saying that Nintendo is just a great developper like their are others and his taste/interests of games goes beyond the Nintendo games..

Well, he has said it's a "shame" that the Wii is going to be this gen's market leader.  Since he can't really COMPLAIN about the existence of Nintendo games, even if he doesn't play them himself, then I can only conclude that he thinks the Wii will not have great games gravitate to it like the SNES did. 

That, or he's a graphics whore and just dislikes the idea of the least powerful system getting all the good games YET AGAIN.  Hey, that actually made sense.  The SNES was the last time the market leader was the more powerful system, and it's the last time he was happy with who the market leader was.  Is this the reason, Riot of the Blood? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Retrasado said:
DMeisterJ said:
konnichiwa said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

Hmm  I agree with Riot.. 

I agree as well. If Nintendo's games satisfy all your gaming needs, more power to you, but even though Nintendo has many great games and franchises (other than most of their Mario franchises), there's more to gaming than Nintendo. There's photo-realistic, pulse pounding, action packed FPSs and racers that you aren't REQUIRED to use a motion sensor to drive the car. (believe me, after a few motion sensor races in Motorstorm, I firmly decided I will NEVER get Mario Kart Wii even though I LOVED mario kart on the Cube. And fyi, other than the pointer capability of the Wiimote, which doesn;t help when "driving" a vehicle, the Wiimote's and Sixaxis's motion sensors are practically identical) So yeah, for the present, I'll stick with my PS3; though I won't hesitate to buy a game for my Wii if a game comes out that interests me, though I've seen nothing in the forseeable future that fits that category.

I almost agree totaly with you. I don't know what I will do about Mario Kart...I didn't enjoyed the last two Mario Karts on N64 and GC and the Wii version doesn't look so appealing for me. (In fact the last karting game I enjoyed was Crash Team racing) and I hated Motorstorm...

Oh yeah  I see enough games that interest me on the Wii that still have to release but that is the same for PS3 and X360.

In 2007  The Wii was for me the console with the most games that interested me followed by x360 and the PS3 as last one with like 5 games that appealed to me.

In 2008 The Wii doesn't have so many games that interests me...if I can name 5 that I really want or took my attention that is already much while both X360 and PS3 have a lot more games who see their release (normally) this year.  Oh well probably their are some unannounced games for the Wii that we will see this year and will take my attention.