By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS2Wii vs PS3

The EGM Rumor Mill reports on their March 08 issue that Sony will most likely release a motion sensing controller for PS2, my question to everyone here is.

Do you think this will have any kind of impact on the PS3, 2008 is being regarded as the year of the PS3, but can this move by sony end up hurting themselves instead, sure the PS2 is all paid off, but the PS3 is still BROKE!!!

Will this move give PS2 owners just one more reason not to upgrade. (price and games being the others) 

And will the $299 PS3 be a reality this july, and what will be the catch?

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise

Around the Network

i dont think that a motion sensing controller for the ps2 is even near to be a good reason for someone to prefer a lastgen console over a nextgen console...

Brawl Friend Code:

0430-8083-5276

Cmon Add me!!

Pm your friend code if you add me please

Wolf21 said:
i dont think that a motion sensing controller for the ps2 is even near to be a good reason for someone to prefer a lastgen console over a nextgen console...

Outside of a gimmick controle, what makes the Wii more next-gen than the PS2?

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

> Outside of a gimmick controle, what makes the Wii more next-gen than the PS2?

Nintendo mascots (tireless plumber and his bands of thugs) and rabid Nintendo fanboys?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Riot Of The Blood said:
Wolf21 said:

Play Super mario galaxy and just wait for Smash bros. Brawl...

Brawl Friend Code:

0430-8083-5276

Cmon Add me!!

Pm your friend code if you add me please

Around the Network

I would like to see how mario kart wii handles with the wheel

^_^

Riot Of The Blood said:
Wolf21 said:

Standard WiFi?  512 MB of internal storage compared to 8 MB memory cards?  SD card support up to 2 GB?  Compelling exclusive games? 

are you saying Wii has  better exclusives than PS2?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Entroper said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Wolf21 said:

Standard WiFi? 512 MB of internal storage compared to 8 MB memory cards? SD card support up to 2 GB? Compelling 1st party exclusive games?

fixed

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Entroper said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Wolf21 said:

Standard WiFi? 512 MB of internal storage compared to 8 MB memory cards? SD card support up to 2 GB? Compelling exclusive games?

I'm talking it from a gameplay perspective. The Wii's gimmick is it's unique controller. If the PS2 had that as well, I don't really see what the would have offer that would make it head-in-shoulders above the PS2.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!