By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the best Moviegame you ever played?

Goldeneye of course
Blade Runner was fun, but could never get my last disc to work was defective

Around the Network
Devilstation said:
I think the reason most movie games are crappy is because of the time.

A movie will usually take 1 year to film
A good game will usually take 2 years to make

This means the game is rushed, as it wont make anywhere near the same amount of money if it is released a year after the film.

I 2nd that, It took about 4 years to make Goldeneye if I'm not mistaken. Correct me if I'm wrong. It also explains why moviegames used to be better in the old days. Development times where much much shorter back then.

The one thing where I don't follow their logic is that an excellent game will sell tons more, Goldeneye was proof of that.

Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Its not really based on 1 movie, but a movie series.

Spiderman 3.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Joeron said:
HoodFigga said:
With the exception of Goldeneye Movie to Videogame and Anime to Videogame usually don't work out in my past experience.

How many videogame generations have you played? When you go back to the NES and SNES era. Allmost all moviegames were somewhat decent or great games. Disney games were among the best platformers too. Adams Family, Gremlins, Aladdin... just to name a few.

Now too often moviegames are crappy and quick cash ins. I'm curious if Activision can make me proud of them with their Bond licence. Here's hoping!

Thats why I put usually, I wasn't saying Goldeneye was the only Movie to Videogame that I thought was good, just the one that comes to mind. 

And I agree, instead of making a half decent game most people are looking to cash in ASAP. Maybe the reason why Goldeneye was  stellar was because it was released sometime after the movie, but as you or someone else mentioned its at the expense of losing money. 

Friend Code : 2878 - 9590 - 0767

Around the Network

Golden eye

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Goldeneye, easily. Surprised no one said Lego Star Wars. Those games are great.

NES:
Festers Quest
Ducktales
Karate Kid

N64:
Goldeneye
StarWars Ep 1 Pod Racer
Star Wars Rouge Squadron

GC:
Star Wars Rouge Leader

Wii :
Godfather - Blackhand Edition
Scarface (Ok, this one is only just above average but I liked it)

Atari 2600:
E.T........Just kidding.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I'm gonna say "The Punisher" for the Ps2. It had nothing to do with the movie and was more based on the comics but it came out almost the same time as the Punisher movie so I think it counts.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

The golden compass

J/k Goldeneye :P

Proud owner of a Wii, a Xbox360 and a PS3 (...two PS3's...)

My main brawl characters

Now playing:

wii:Super smash bros. brawl, The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
ps3: Guitar hero 3,4,5. Rock Band 1,2. Resistance 2
Xbox360:Nhl2k9, Mass Effect, MW2, Halo 3.