By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I love the concept of Minecraft, but does anyone feel like this game could be a lot better with better developers and its a bit amateurish?

I don't want this to become a flame thread, but I doubt any of you have experience with Minecraft. Their diligent dev team realeases new features every Thursday and their code is extremely complicated. I made an account on this site just to tell you that. 

Around the Network

Minecraft itself is no more than a LEGO simulator with a bit of electrical engineering.

However, there are so many amazing mods that add so much to the game. Add machinery with Thermal Expansion, rail networks with Railcraft/Traincraft, go to space and the moon with Galacticraft, go to different dimensions with Mystcraft, perform alchemy with Equivalent Exchange, build complicated computer networks with Applied Energistics. The list goes on.

Honestly, I don't.

I understand why some people might think so, but from my point of view, the game would suffer if many (though not all) of the changes I've heard proposed were implemented.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

BaldrSkies said:
Minecraft itself is no more than a LEGO simulator with a bit of electrical engineering.

There's not one single thing wrong with that. :D

I love Minecraft as it is.  I really can't imagine how a big developer would make it better.  Too many people messing with a good idea tends to turn out really bad. (SEE:SPORE)  The one thing I feel could use serious improvement is the terrain generation.  Something more broad and intricate than the haphazard biome system they have now would be great.