By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shin'en: If you can't make great looking games on Wii U, it's not the hardware's fault

ninjablade said:
JoeTheBro said:
g911turbo said:
ninjablade said:

then people should stop bringing up X until it does look better then current gen, techincally there is no question GTA5 is doing way more just based of the reveal trailers.

Playing GTA5 now on Xbox 360.  Tons of blur, pop in, slow down etc.  Fantastic game still, but not even close to X.  IF that X footage holds up, even as is, no contest.

Same with The Last of Us. Great graphics.  But no doubt starting to show a little "long in the tooth".  Pop in, muddied motion, stutter, slow down.  A++ game though.  Graphics are good enough, but the current systems are starting to show some age.

Don't have a Wii U yet, but from what I've played of my brothers, and the footage shown of games like Mario Kart, X, etc. - no contest.  The Wii U is clearly benefiting from next generation improvements.  Two main ones right off the bat: A.  More RAM.  B.  Advanced instruction sets in the GPU.

Odd. I've been playing on PS3 and the only major blur/pop in occurs when going super fast. GTAV looks well above X. We don't know X's IQ stuff though, so if it ends up being 1080P 60fps, then it can technically beat GTA while looking worse.

GTAV looks so much better then X its not even funny.  people keep brining up shinen a smalldevelopersthats making exclusives games for wiiu at the moment, of couse they want to make the wiiu look better then it really is, while developers like vigil and black forest games, say its slightly better or on par with current gen hardware, this along with the gpu thread at neogaf and digitail foundry faceoff, it clearly shows that wiiu is very close to current  geninterms of performance, people can keep on brining up X but nobody has played it and there isnt even a real gameplay videos to see how it runs, but the trailers clearly shows that lighting looks static and flat, pop up every where and low rez textures, not to mention the models are not even that detailed, and the prerendered foilage, if bayo2,mk8 and x were on 360/ps3 i'm pretty sure nobody would call them the best looking games.

Again, there's no proof against X to back up your statements. The game is still a year away from release and his all kinds of room for improvement, and it is not productive to compare it to a released game. Doing so will lead to an argument that would crush this thread

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
ninjablade said:
JoeTheBro said:

Odd. I've been playing on PS3 and the only major blur/pop in occurs when going super fast. GTAV looks well above X. We don't know X's IQ stuff though, so if it ends up being 1080P 60fps, then it can technically beat GTA while looking worse.

GTAV looks so much better then X its not even funny.  people keep brining up shinen a smalldevelopersthats making exclusives games for wiiu at the moment, of couse they want to make the wiiu look better then it really is, while developers like vigil and black forest games, say its slightly better or on par with current gen hardware, this along with the gpu thread at neogaf and digitail foundry faceoff, it clearly shows that wiiu is very close to current  geninterms of performance, people can keep on brining up X but nobody has played it and there isnt even a real gameplay videos to see how it runs, but the trailers clearly shows that lighting looks static and flat, pop up every where and low rez textures, not to mention the models are not even that detailed, and the prerendered foilage, if bayo2,mk8 and x were on 360/ps3 i'm pretty sure nobody would call them the best looking games.

Don't get too crazy. The Wii U is actually a fair bit stronger than the current gen. The difference is devs have had 8 years to learn the nooks and crannies of the ps360 while only having a year with the wii u. By the time current gen systems are getting their last multiplat games, the wii u version will be much closer to the xbone port. Nintendo made a fairly strong system, X just isn't showing it.

Mr Khan said:
ninjablade said:
JoeTheBro said:
g911turbo said:
ninjablade said:

then people should stop bringing up X until it does look better then current gen, techincally there is no question GTA5 is doing way more just based of the reveal trailers.

Playing GTA5 now on Xbox 360.  Tons of blur, pop in, slow down etc.  Fantastic game still, but not even close to X.  IF that X footage holds up, even as is, no contest.

Same with The Last of Us. Great graphics.  But no doubt starting to show a little "long in the tooth".  Pop in, muddied motion, stutter, slow down.  A++ game though.  Graphics are good enough, but the current systems are starting to show some age.

Don't have a Wii U yet, but from what I've played of my brothers, and the footage shown of games like Mario Kart, X, etc. - no contest.  The Wii U is clearly benefiting from next generation improvements.  Two main ones right off the bat: A.  More RAM.  B.  Advanced instruction sets in the GPU.

Again, there's no proof against X to back up your statements. The game is still a year away from release and his all kinds of room for improvement, and it is not productive to compare it to a released game. Doing so will lead to an argument that would crush this thread

yes X could very well to be better looking when its out, but if you watch the vids you can clearly see the lighting, models, animation and detail is much better in GTAV. the differnce is pretty big honestly.

JoeTheBro said:
ninjablade said:
JoeTheBro said:

Don't get too crazy. The Wii U is actually a fair bit stronger than the current gen. The difference is devs have had 8 years to learn the nooks and crannies of the ps360 while only having a year with the wii u. By the time current gen systems are getting their last multiplat games, the wii u version will be much closer to the xbone port. Nintendo made a fairly strong system, X just isn't showing it.

yes i do believe wiiu is slightly better hardware then currentgen but its been a year since the wiiu is out, and ports continue to be inferior on it, and games are still not looking like the best of currentgen imo, heck i still havent even seen a wiiu game with great AA and the system is been out for a year, atleast if it could do currentgen games with out jaggies/higher frame rate then i might be convinced that wiiu is a step up. i believe nintendo made a very weak console, why the heck would devs say its slighty better or on par with currentgen.

fatslob-:O said:

It's based on the fact that chipworks took a die shot and digital foundry did an analysis on it. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-wii-u-graphics-power-finally-revealed

The similarities to the AMD RV770 basically means it has 16 TMU's compared to the PS3's 24 TMU's. 

Like I said these small caches are fine if you attempt tiled rendering(software wise ofcourse).

The similarities between ps3 and a george foreman griller basically means it is not a console at all.

Next time make claims on facts. Only wii u devs under nda's know how many tmus it has, you surelly are not included in that category.

Around the Network

SO when is shin'en showing us their new project ?

FrancisNobleman said:
fatslob-:O said:

It's based on the fact that chipworks took a die shot and digital foundry did an analysis on it. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-wii-u-graphics-power-finally-revealed

The similarities to the AMD RV770 basically means it has 16 TMU's compared to the PS3's 24 TMU's. 

Like I said these small caches are fine if you attempt tiled rendering(software wise ofcourse).

The similarities between ps3 and a george foreman griller basically means it is not a console at all.

Next time make claims on facts. Only wii u devs under nda's know how many tmus it has, you surelly are not included in that category.

wiiu has 8 tmus based on neogaf anyalisis http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59514681&postcount=5604 and based on recent dev comment from black forest games which actually goes into detail about wiiu power this is most likely right

I do find it amusing that so many people are referencing the Digital Foundry article. It's complete nonsense.

snowdog said:
I do find it amusing that so many people are referencing the Digital Foundry article. It's complete nonsense.

lol the best part is the DF article makes the wiiu have double the amount of shaders when in reality the wiiu is most likely a 160sp gpu.

ninjablade said:
Zero999 said:
ninjablade said:
JoeTheBro said:

At this point it's still something very possible on ps360. That's what I'm saying.

The fact that GTA5 looks better in every department then X, from models, lighting, textures, animation and AA, you would think people would stop bringing up X but they still do, i swear if bayo2, mario kart 8 and X were were on 360/ps3 nobody would call them the best looking games on those consoles.

wrong on every statement but keep trying.

whats your proof that i'm wrong, for a game to be called the best looking game on xbox 360 or ps3, they need to look amazing all around, AA, models, high detail, solid frame rate, good lighting, thats how it always been when it was 360 vs ps3, now with games on wiiu its about scope or something , something, when you post direct feed pics of bayo 2 or mario kart 8, you can see the flaws every where.

gta is free to be called top of ps360 graphics, but it doesn't look better than X in any department.

the only "flaws" in pics of bayo 2 are stuff that apear too quickly on screen, wich means there's no reason to detail it. the enemies/characters/ scenario that don't move too fast are really detailed.