By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How long before we see a XBox One price drop???

How long before Microsoft drops the price?

Less than 6 months 59 27.19%

Less than a year 78 35.94%

More than a year 68 31.34%

NEVER!!! 12 5.53%

Total:217

At a $100 more than the PS4, how long after launch do you expect Microsoft to wait before they lower the price to stay competitive?

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network

Well, they've just about run out of other things to backtrack on, so I'd say any day now.

badgenome said:
Well, they've just about run out of other things to backtrack on, so I'd say any day now.

Yep.

I was expecting it at Gamescom, but it looks like they may now be trying to wait right next to launch to maximize newness and momentum. They won't dare actually launch at $500, I guarantee it.

E3 2014

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I should have added a prelaunch option on the poll.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network
DietSoap said:
badgenome said:

Yep.

I was expecting it at Gamescom, but it looks like they may now be trying to wait right next to launch to maximize newness and momentum. They won't dare actually launch at $500, I guarantee it.

Oh they will.

I reckon earliest will be September 2014 along with Halo. If sales are steady however I seem them waiting until March 2015.

Black Friday 2014. It really wont do them any good to drop the price. They'll just loose more money per unit and Sony would react. Best bet is just to ride it out and see if they can bring people in with their games.

why would they drop the price now when there selling out of the console. i do expect them to drop there price first and a good time before the ps4 has one

I'd 2 years after the launch, so that's 2015. If the games/sales are good, then I'd say a $50 price cut after two years. If sales are bad...then I'd say a $100 price cut after two years. OR If sales are bad, then a $50 price drop within a year.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

They wont actually "drop" the price. They will simply just introduce a kinectless X1.

It will for sure be announced and released in 2014 but I don't know when.

I don't think they will "drop" the price in 2013 because too many people already preordered the X1 and I would guess it would be a lot worse than when Nintendo dropped the price of the 3DS so early. Everybody felt ripped off because they could've just waited to buy the 3ds for $80 less

so it has to be 2014