By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS sells 298k !

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201309/18040182.html

Famitsu

MH4 1.875M

3DS 298K

in 2 days

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=675157&page=24

Around the Network

That's a lot!

VGPolyglot said:
That's a lot!

Yes!

Highest selling MH Portable on PSP didn't even get 1 million in it's first week. You did good Nintendo....you did good. Now do the same with Wii U :D

LilChicken22 said:
Highest selling MH Portable on PSP didn't even get 1 million in it's first week. You did good Nintendo....you did good. Now do the same with Wii U :D

??

"The PSP has recorded its biggest weekly hardware sales in Japan since its 2005 launch, thanks to Monster Hunter Portable 3rd's. In its first five days, covering December 1 through December 5, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd sold 2,146,467 units. The game also gave a huge boost to PSP hardware sales. Over the week, PSP sold 326,639 hardware units, 4.31 times more than previous week. Both the software and hardware figures are new records for the PSP in Japan."

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/82940/monster-hunter-portable-3rd-causes-record-psp-sales-in-japan/

numbers are almost identically between this and the 3ds version. also for hardware with a jump from 75k to 327k

Around the Network

And that was just about retail...
I wonder how many digital copies MH4 sold ?

Initial reaction when news broke out that MH4 would debut on Nintendo 3DS from random Sony fanboys:

"Capcom just shot themselves in the foot.

"I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance. 

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Monster Hunter 4 for 3DS, nor will they purchase any of Capcom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Capcom has alienated an entire market with this move.

"Capcom, publicly apologize and cancel MH4 for 3DS or you can kiss your business goodbye.

"No buy until Capcom stops being stubborn and finally brings the series back to where it belongs.

"Eh, pretty disappointing announcement. Looks like I won't get to play MH4.

"Do gamers win though? The VITA's power was something Monhun fans were finally looking forward to. A reason for Capcom to bring the series into the current generation. Higher quality models, bigger levels, better hit detection, better physics... all things that seemingly would benefit from a substantially more powerful handheld. Bringing it to 3DS will hurt sales cause it will look like shit.

"All you people screaming "vita is dead" are as stupid as the people quietly crying to themselves that the 4th game is on a dumb nintenfail 3ds.

"fcuk capcom, and fcuk nintendo. im trying my hardest not cry while typing this up. goddamn it, is this the future we want to live in?? god damnit i feel so betrayed as a consumer, now i may have to boycott this company because they can't keep their platform dick in their pants. this series belongs on sony platforms and sony platforms only. why should people that dont own a sony platform get to play these games? i'll tell you why--they shouldnt!!

Stolen from NeoGaf

Also, I laughed.

Wow. It did a lot better than I had expected. Unless the game immediately drops to sub 10k/week Capcom's 2.8m goal will be reached in no time.

Already posted

LilChicken22 said:

The 2nd highest selling MH sold more than 1.9m first week.