By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What are good atheistic holidays?

We are forgetting one of the most important of all!  And it is starting right now September 19 International 'Talk Like a Pirate Day!'

Where people celebrate the Flying Spaghetti Monster and all the good pirates of the world.  I've heard some Pirates hand out candy, but I haven't gotten any yet.

Here is a song, but be warned, it will stay in your head all day long, Enjoy!

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Zappykins said:
KylieDog said:
Sunday.

You mean Apollo's Day!  Apollo being the Greek Sun God riding in his chariot.  Hince Sun day, day for worshiping the Sun.

The Christian Holy day is actually the same as the Jewish one, Sundown Friday to Sundown Saturday, but it was moved by Emperor Constantine so that it would fit bet into the current religions of Rome and cultures.  The 7th Day Adventist and a few others still worship that day.

So still a religious base.

It has nothing to do with religion.

Wait, you are telling me that Sunday as a Holiday has nothing to do with religions.  Even-though it has been shown to be one for at least several thousand years.

Would you please explain to me how you come to that reasoning?  I am most curious.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

How about Festivus?

Edit: should have read more carefully. You already mentioned that one :(

Veknoid_Outcast said:

How about Festivus?

Edit: should have read more carefully. You already mentioned that one :(

No worry.  It was one that came to mind, and sorta fits.  Doesn't get honored as much.  But hey, I try to also do Festivus myself (I even have a pole for it).  I think it is a perfect holiday you can do whatever you want with it, and is as made up as Kwanzaa.