By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update:The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Now on MetaCritic 90)!

But but..everything below 90 sucks!!

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
osed125 said:

But but..everything below 90 sucks!!

Only on the PS3 and 360. As a rule, it's 85 on Nintendo consoles and 80 on handhelds in general, barring ports of games.

Love and tolerate.

think-man said:
The Nintendo fans in the IGN chat are so immature! they are complaining that WW only got a 9.8!! wtf is wrong with some people! 9.8 is near perfect!

Seriously? That's ridiculous. I love Wind Waker, but a 10 for a remake is outrageous. 9.8 is really high.

Like I said though, I love Wind Waker so I can't exactly complain that it's "too high." But it's definitely not low. What the hell is wrong with people?

chidori-chan2 said:
It's Zelda ,no suprise here..

that is not fair, really!

I have not been following this even though I loved it on GameCube. Does anybody know if this is better with the Wii Mote or if it is compatible with it?

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
think-man said:
The Nintendo fans in the IGN chat are so immature! they are complaining that WW only got a 9.8!! wtf is wrong with some people! 9.8 is near perfect!

Seriously? That's ridiculous. I love Wind Waker, but a 10 for a remake is outrageous. 9.8 is really high.

Like I said though, I love Wind Waker so I can't exactly complain that it's "too high." But it's definitely not low. What the hell is wrong with people?

I know! some of my favorite games of all time have scored in the 70's region and I dont complain!

pezus said:

Eurogamer seems to hand out 10's to Nintendo games like candy. It is quickly becoming my favorite review site.

I like the New Pezus.

enditall727 said:
I have not been following this even though I loved it on GameCube. Does anybody know if this is better with the Wii Mote or if it is compatible with it?

Wind Waker HD doesn't use Wii Remotes. I'm pretty sure it's Wii U GamePad or Pro Controller only.

green_sky said:
crissindahouse said:
green_sky said:
Sweet. 88 is my favourite score.

i hope not for what i think

Sorry. I don't understand. 

Is it just me or are the best posts in threads as of late completely unrelated to the thread at hand...

He hopes its not cause of this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/88_(number)#As_a_Neo-Nazi_symbol

I don't agree that remakes shouldn't get high scores; if it's the definitive version of a timeless game, it deserve to score around the same as the original version.

I guess if you have no interest in old games because you believe that what's new is better than what's old, then yeah I can see why a game like Wind Waker doesn't deserve a great score.