By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Angry readers want Gamespot reviewer fired after her GTA V review

landguy1 said:
dsage01 said:
Figgycal said:
Areym said:

1. I'm sure the problem has to do with her tidbit about it being mean to woman, not so much the score. At least I hope because bitching about a 9 is truly pathetic.
2. She...she looks like a man. I swore that was a photoshop of a guy's face in a chick's body.
3. She should not be fire, that is outrageous.

#2 She is transgender.

ur joking right?

Just be glad you didn't find out the HARD way!!!!

Now that I looked at her give for more that 0.005 seconds (the ultimate max I could look at it)..it's really obvious that she is transgender. 

Around the Network

9 wtf, what a bitch!!!! this game is a 9.1 at least

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Th3PANO said:
Nobody outside of gaming takes the industry serious. Outraging crying nerds are one of the reason.

Agreed. We're all very self entitled and opinionated. Sometimes, we all just need to shut up. This is certainly one of those times. 9 is still a decent... Very decent score. She was doing her job. Get over it internet.

I know where they are coming from sadly, this man/woman is transsexual, and he referred "gone home" a game about a lesbian story and feminism and hailed it as the best story ever told in any medium for a long time, while the game is very generic and the plot is really stupid, he was obviously biased for it but either way gave it a near perfect score, and the game isn't even worth 6/10 in my opinion only the voice acting was okay for some parts.

Now he is talking about this game he should have had the balls (no pun intended) to give it the score he wanted but he just rushed it and gave it a score that would please the fans even though he was "disgusted" by the game, he should have a better review or just quit reviewing if he is going. To rush it like that, but to be honest I don't know why people care about scores, they're going to buy the game anyways gamers are childish as childish can get.

Again  I always prefer how kotaku does it, no scores only text, and a "yes" "no" if the game is good or not for people in a hurry

It's just summarized like this

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18n59ehnhwj4ppng/ku-xlarge.png

ishiki said:

If you have a problem with the story for whatever reason. Lowering your score is justified. If you find the humor in borat distasteful. It's a valid criticism. Some people thought it was fine, some people didn't. If you don't like melodramatic games, it's a valid criticism for said game. Some people get turned off by different things and that's why there's different opinions.

It's a plenty valid criticism if the humor ruined her enjoyment of the game. Even then, it didn't ruin it very much.

I agree with what you said 100% but this comment is totally WTF... “Politically muddled and profoundly misogynistic” was clearly a one sided comment. She/he said that in the game women are potrayed as “misogynistic” but when males in the game are potrayed as overly agressive and uncivilized people

Around the Network

She should be fired. No way the game is a 9. If she would have said 8.9 or 9.1 it would be a completely different story!

I already pre-ordered the game, but, well, I respect her opinion, I don´t agree, but respect. If we start this kind of argument, every "save the princess" game is misoginistic. That is just dumb, it is a video game, it suposed to be fun, nothing more.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

It's got nothing to do with the score.

People take these reviews way to seriously :/

PullusPardus said:
I know where they are coming from sadly, this man/woman is transsexual, and he referred "gone home" a game about a lesbian story and feminism and hailed it as the best story ever told in any medium for a long time, while the game is very generic and the plot is really stupid, he was obviously biased for it but either way gave it a near perfect score, and the game isn't even worth 6/10 in my opinion only the voice acting was okay for some parts.

Now he is talking about this game he should have had the balls (no pun intended) to give it the score he wanted but he just rushed it and gave it a score that would please the fans even though he was "disgusted" by the game, he should have a better review, but to be honest I don't know why people care about scores, they're going to buy the game anyways gamers are childish as childish can get.

I don't get the point of reviews anymore really. The people watching them already made their minds up about the product anyways and I doubt reviews have that much of an impact on sales.

As far as her being transgendered goes: you can't really fault her for identifying with something more than someone else. It's her opinion. Her saying that she was disgusted by it reminds me of the polygon review of The Last of Us where the reviewer didn't like the dark tones. It makes even less sense in this case, because she gave it a 9. Her being transexual is just a line of attack (or so I hope) and makes her an easy target. The guys who gave The Last of Us a 8.5 on gamespot and 7.5 on Poygon were also berated.