By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Angry readers want Gamespot reviewer fired after her GTA V review

orniletter said:
Is he/she really a transvestite ...or does he/she just look ... a bit strange ?

If you took a DNA sample and ran some tests youd see a X chromosome and a Y chromosome.

Around the Network
Gamegears said:

Maybe a few people need to try and live in the real world.. where women have a right to have a opinion.. and reviewers have the right to score whatever it is they are reviewing according to their opinions.. whether said people like it or not.. 

I dont think anyone is arguing women have the right to an opinion. However, opinions are open to being critiqued and just because you have an opinion doesn't make you invulnerable to those critiques. Acting like "well its just an opinion and everyone should respect it and say nothing about it" is just naive and silly. Furthermore, opinions can be wrong... very wrong. In this case he is wrong with his opinion about the game being misogynistic and hypocritical (or at least he doesn't prove it is with the evidence he tried to present to make his argument).

Salnax said:
DonFerrari said:
BuckStud said:

Anyone who thinks this women should be fired for her comments is an insecure little boy who has yet to live in the real word.  I'm a man, not a boy in high school and I agree, games like these tend to demean women.  Is a comment like that really worth getting in a huge tissy over? 

Maybe she should also try living in the real world, go talk to the gangsters and see how much respect they have for women or life in general.

So, you're saying that games should be judged by the standards of gangsters?

I doubt she would have as much of a problem if the misogyny involved in the game was punished in-universe or something like that. But when bad deeds are simply glossed over, people get upset.

This is not just a video game issue. The same can be said for literature. In the Inheritance series, for example, the protagonist does terrible things and gets away with it, even being called a hero. We do not give the book a pass because of the author's standards. We bash it because we like to see evil be punished, or at least not rewarded in our non-tragedies.

Sorry for the delay... but your response is really bizarre... so you that in GTA bad behavior be judged??? Would be better not to play... and comparing video games to life is kind crazy even more when politicians are a lot worst than gangsters from the Movies (and games)... I would preffer having the corleone family rulling this country than our actual politicians... So in my opinion is abyssal to expect a game to punish based bad actions because that is what make you feel better, so not only mysognistic behavior should be punished but if the player pass a red light or anything like that he should receive a ticket and if he kill anyone he should go to jail and get a gameover, don't select what YOU think is moraly right or acceptable in a game from a array of things that you select (some crimes are acceptable and other aren't).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Gamegears said:
DonFerrari said:
BuckStud said:

Anyone who thinks this women should be fired for her comments is an insecure little boy who has yet to live in the real word.  I'm a man, not a boy in high school and I agree, games like these tend to demean women.  Is a comment like that really worth getting in a huge tissy over? 

Maybe she should also try living in the real world, go talk to the gangsters and see how much respect they have for women or life in general.

Maybe a few people need to try and live in the real world.. where women have a right to have a opinion.. and reviewers have the right to score whatever it is they are reviewing according to their opinions.. whether said people like it or not.. 

Well the person have the right to say what he want, and people have the right to complain about that, so what are you talking about?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

They are annoyed because thanks to that 9.0, the Metacritic score went from 98 to 97.94

Around the Network
nuckles87 said:
Kane1389 said:
Luck said:
Why do people keep saying ''He'' when the reviewer clearly wants to be identified as a ''She'' ? It's not like giving that respect cost you something.

I am the King of England, and from now on i want to be reffered to as ''Your Highness''.  

And you, unfortunately, have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Stop being ignorant and actually educate yourself about transexuality. Unless you...just enjoy being ignorant.

Wow, how disrespectful of you not to adress me properly. In my mind I am a King, so please talk to me like i am one

The Fury said:
Kane1389 said:

It's him, and please stop trying to force that politically correct bullshit down my throat. He is born as a biological male, just because he mutilated his reproductive organ doesnt make him a woman.

And if you find bad female characterisation and abuse of female characters non delsirabe, maybe you shouldnt play GTA? The series have always been that way , and to knock it down because of it would be unprofessional. ld be like knocking down Mario game because i dont like red suits and hats. This also explains why the reviews shouldnt be subjective.

And i already said i dont mind the score nor his opinion, and i never mentioned the specifc reasons he used to knock the game out , just that i know where they are coming from.

Yes, the game should be reviewed as whole. But if i review a game about strict driving physics and the game succeeds at having good physics and im knocking it down because i hate driving physics or prefer arcade style driving, then im being a douchebag. Reviewer should clarify if the game is playable and if it succeeds at doing what it aims to be, as well as the facts i mentioned before. Saying ''this game is/isn't fun, buy/don't buy it because i enjoyed/didn't enjoyed it'' is stupid

Same applies here. He reviewed a game where you can raid banks, steal cars, do drugs, vandalise the city, mass murder civilians, blow up buildings, pick up whores, torture NPCs and kill police and law enforcement, but being disrespectuf towards women is just WAAAY TOO FAR, right? 

She identifies herself as female, so I will call her as such due to respect/politeness, nothing to do with political correctness.

Also, I haven't even bought the game, I'm only defending someones review of a game. Subjective in a way to also appeal to users and highlight things some gamers might have an issue with, this includes female gamers and the games portrayal of women. Story/characterisation should be included in a review.

But the fact you keep saying a game review should be objective, well, here is my answer:

http://www.destructoid.com/100-objective-review-final-fantasy-xiii-179us178.phtml

Just because he likes to think he's a female doesnt biologically make him a female.  I'll adress him by his real biological gender.

I am not attacking the review itself (like i said i have no problems with it) i just said the reasons he knocked it down was because of his own agenda and beliefs which shouldnt be the case, ever. 

Yes, story and characterisation shoould be included, but you gotta know its theme, context and where they're coming from. Maybe he should talk to some real gangbangers out there and see how much they respect women.

DonFerrari said:
Gamegears said:
DonFerrari said:
BuckStud said:

Well the person have the right to say what he want, and people have the right to complain about that, so what are you talking about?

People have the right to complain.. but complaining is not the same as name calling.. and calling for a persons job and making nasty videos ... either... there has to be a line.. and to many people are willing to cross it on something like this... in addition.. you know.. the people could act maturely and.. I don't know silently ignore the review.. and move on.. I mean really.. yes she has a opinion you find along with others unagreeable... but to be honest.. despite that.. did she really totally trash the game.. not really.. as a matter of fact she gave it a 9.. which is the farthest thing from trashing it... so really.. what are we talking about?? 1 point... 1 little point.. and everyone has a right to call for her to lose her job.. to sit and make fun of her on some sites.. and to make just plain bad videos?? 1 opinion and 1 point... leads to all that  immaturity... come on.. honestly... and your defending this?? *Sigh* no wonder gamers get a bad rep.. 

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

Kane1389 said:
nuckles87 said:
Kane1389 said:
Luck said:
Why do people keep saying ''He'' when the reviewer clearly wants to be identified as a ''She'' ? It's not like giving that respect cost you something.

I am the King of England, and from now on i want to be reffered to as ''Your Highness''.  

And you, unfortunately, have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Stop being ignorant and actually educate yourself about transexuality. Unless you...just enjoy being ignorant.

Wow, how disrespectful of you not to adress me properly. In my mind I am a King, so please talk to me like i am one

You know, you aren't being nearly as clever as you seem to think you are. All your doing is acting like an idiot and flaunting your own ignorance.

Science has linked transexuality to neurobiological causes that occur in the womb. These people aren't just "pretending" to be of the opposite sex. They are, at best, caught in the middle biologically. Literally the brain chemistry of a woman in the body of a man, and vice versa. This is what SCIENCE has found. I don't know what you got, but it's got nothing to do with transexuality. You might want to find some mental help there, kid.

So, are you going to pretend to be something else (here's a tip: that is tired and not hilarious in the way you think it is), accept the realities of what science has found, or cover your ears and go "lalalalala" and leave like the last guy in this thread who made that argument?

I suspect you will just ignore me and continue your weird "I'm royalty" charade, which would be disappointing but not particularly surprising. Or maybe you'll give yourself a promotion and go with "space emperor".

nuckles87 said:
Kane1389 said:
nuckles87 said:
Kane1389 said:
Luck said:

You know, you aren't being nearly as clever as you seem to think you are. All your doing is acting like an idiot and flaunting your own ignorance.

Science has linked transexuality to neurobiological causes that occur in the womb. These people aren't just "pretending" to be of the opposite sex. They are, at best, caught in the middle biologically. Literally the brain chemistry of a woman in the body of a man, and vice versa. This is what SCIENCE has found. I don't know what you got, but it's got nothing to do with transexuality. You might want to find some mental help there, kid.

So, are you going to pretend to be something else (here's a tip: that is tired and not hilarious in the way you think it is), accept the realities of what science has found, or cover your ears and go "lalalalala" and leave like the last guy in this thread who made that argument?

I suspect you will just ignore me and continue your weird "I'm royalty" charade, which would be disappointing but not particularly surprising. Or maybe you'll give yourself a promotion and go with "space emperor".

And you arent being nowhere near as ''open minded progressive'' as you think you are. I wasnt trying to be clever, was just trying to expose the sheer stupidity of your argument. Because in his brain he considers himself a woman, i should adress him as such, even tho he's clearly a biological male??? This is litterly just the same as an insane homeless guy claiming he's Napoleon. Hey, its a nerological disorder in his brain, so i should call him a Napoleon, cuz i wanna be a cool, modern, progressive open minded ''good guy fighting the good fight'' like you and stroke my ego while im at it, right?

Science has found that transsexuals are disorderd and ill individualls. Biologically he is a male. Why on earth should i bend to his neurobiological  disorder and call him something he isn't?