By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Somethings wrong with reviews and Killzone: Mercenary proves it

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:

The highest rated FPS on a handheld is Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS at 85% on metacritic. =3

And having owned both, I can assure you KillZone is leagues above Metroid as a game :)

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

Haven't played the game, but plan on picking it up. I really have not heard anything negative about the game, just positive news! My Vita backlog is just too big right now to pick it up lol

KingKazuma34 said:
Haven't played the game, but plan on picking it up. I really have not heard anything negative about the game, just positive news! My Vita backlog is just too big right now to pick it up lol

Odd, thouht vita had no gamez :). I also have a backlog of great games to catch up on.

MikeRox said:
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:

The highest rated FPS on a handheld is Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS at 85% on metacritic. =3

And having owned both, I can assure you KillZone is leagues above Metroid as a game :)

It probably is, Hunters doesn't feel like a full game just something that was designed for multiplayer.

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
MikeRox said:
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:

It probably is, Hunters doesn't feel like a full game just something that was designed for multiplayer.

But we must agree that the multiplayer was absolutely awesome.

Around the Network

I have to admit...this is the best Killzone game ever...and that's saying quite a lot considering how good 2, and 3 were.

tilinelson2 said:
The problem with the score is not that 77 or 78 is bad in a 0 to 100 scale, but the meaning of a 78 score to the game when Metacritic became such serious business that companies pay bonus if certain scores are achieved.

Reviews are always opinions, but they are also affected by external factors (publishers sending "gifts", or publishing their own "trusted review sources" to praise their own games). Besides, games from publishers and series with larger fandoms usually get better scores than the rest. For example, the chance of having a Mario, GTA or Final Fantasy fan reviewing and being more forgiving to an average game from his favorite series is much higher than other less celebrated series.

So, in a fair reviewing system, 77 would be okay and deserved, but for the average consumer, oblivious to those facts and hardly an enthusiast that hardly seek other information besides reading a magazine or visiting a gaming website will take it as bad when compared to the lots of 85, 90 and even 100 scores featured in each magazine edition or month in a review site because of the factors aforementioned. The impression a casual reader will get is that the game is average to bad with the comparatively low score and the insistence that the game is no Modern Warfare 3 or Halo Reach/Halo 4

Other than that I couldn't have said it beter myself.

RazorDragon said:
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
MikeRox said:
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:

But we must agree that the multiplayer was absolutely awesome.

Yeah it was.