By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Analyst: GTAV to net $1 billion in sales during first month

Tagged games:

$1 billion to just one franchise in only 30 days. Wow, that game is sucking the life out of a half dozen other developers just by releasing...

Around the Network

I'll be apart of that one billion. lol

$185M in profit for the first month?

I'd say that's a pretty safe "analysis"

It will clear 1 billion in a month's time easily. It probably won't take longer than 2-3 weeks

My prediction 1 Billion in 1 week...

Around the Network

16.6 million copies in the first month WW over both consoles..

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

according to the chartz on the site, after 4 weeks BLops2 sold just under 16 million copies. without knowing how many special editions it sold so using a 60$ value, that is just under a billion

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

CGI-Quality said:

In perspective, CoD nets that, as I understand it, in the first week! Thus, GTA won't top it, as I've said, but great for it, nonetheless!

well you know the analyst could be wrong, and the game can sell faster than that. this isnt set in stone

DD_Bwest said:
according to the chartz on the site, after 4 weeks BLops2 sold just under 16 million copies. without knowing how many special editions it sold so using a 60$ value, that is just under a billion

Also COD comes out in November so it gets a holiday boost.  GTA will get that after it's initial boost and then the BF boost especially if it has a good sale on BF.  It's gonna be massive.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

CGI-Quality said:

In perspective, CoD nets that, as I understand it, in the first week! Thus, GTA won't top it, as I've said, but great for it, nonetheless!

I think you're in for a surprise.