By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
J_Allard said:
NYCrysis said:
I don't know if it's just me but titanfall looks totally meh. It's like cod but with mechs. Everything is static and it just looks like a typical fps. Sunset overdrive though :D...... that game looks freaking epic insomniac is known for their awesome weapon designs and this game looks to continue the tradition.

When I see people say Titanfall is "CoD with mechs" I wonder if they have ever actually played a CoD title.

It looks similar but they can't really comment without playing TitanFall, let alone CoD. It's on a completely new platform, it's a completely new IP and the gaming media is going nuts over this game from what I've seen. I haven't really seen many sites actually comparing it to CoD either.

Around the Network
Frequency said:
I worry somewhat that insomniac are delibrately keeping quirt either because it's going multiplatform or because its a long way off being ready, and I say that as someone that's getting a ps4 as well as an Xbox one, things are quiet, too quit from both insomniac and microsoft regarding sunset overdrive.

I'm worried that the horrible sales of Fuse made Sunset Overdrive postponed.

ironmanDX said:
J_Allard said:
NYCrysis said:
I don't know if it's just me but titanfall looks totally meh. It's like cod but with mechs. Everything is static and it just looks like a typical fps. Sunset overdrive though :D...... that game looks freaking epic insomniac is known for their awesome weapon designs and this game looks to continue the tradition.

When I see people say Titanfall is "CoD with mechs" I wonder if they have ever actually played a CoD title.

It looks similar but they can't really comment without playing TitanFall, let alone CoD. It's on a completely new platform, it's a completely new IP and the gaming media is going nuts over this game from what I've seen. I haven't really seen many sites actually comparing it to CoD either.

The CoD comparison is a bad one, however way you look at it - introducing an objective based mech combat FPS is like namco bringing out a game using motorbikes, and then calling it "ridge racer but with motorbikes", you would be right on it being a racer, just as you would be right in titanfall being an FPS, but everything else is a stretch at best.

The reason i am not super hyped for it though is because whenever theres a new FPS ip, or even just a new addition to a series that has new mechanics and weapons, it always takes a while before public play has resulted in various aspects such as weapon balancing and ironing out exploits and bugs has been completed, as such while I will eventually get Titanfall, be it on PC or Xbox One (frankly it will boil down to the cheapest option at that point, and if i have not renewed my XLB account at that time then the choice would be obvious), I cant see it being one of the initial titles i pick up with the console, because games lke Sunset overdrive, Halo 5 and Project Spark are more interesting to me, hopefully by the time the console releases here those games will be complete.