By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One has been “Beta Tested in the Future” ad states

Beta test is a common term now a days. Probably not so much with your over 40 crowd. But gamers know what it means. IF you inclined to hate a company or even just dislike a company or its products, it won't matter what the words are on the ad. It will all be bad to you. They don't advertise for you anyway, as you are already in the "no" column. They advertise for the people who aren't the core group of gamers.

Around the Network
landguy1 said:
iamdeath said:
landguy1 said:
The haters are working so hard to try and put down the XB1, they are even after the advertising.

hate? I don't hate anything that is a piece of electronics, a bad ad is a bad ad period.  If sony or nintendo did this I'd say the same thing. It is a stupid headline.

Well, it just so happens that htis ad is from M$ then?  Based on your posting history, that is unlikely.  Now, if you posted a half dozen ads from Nintendo and Sony that are "bad", then I would believe your statement.

I could care less what you believe...............It is just a terrible ad. Sony has some terrible ones to (PS3 baaby commercial LOL). A bad ad is a bad ad period. In fact, I am a harsh critic of sony's marketing, it has been terrible at times. better the lst few years but they have a bad history from their marketing.

This is a bad ad no matter who did it.

kirby007 said:
Madword said:
kirby007 said:
User acceptance test = beta testing

Beta is before release... it just not a term that is used in a positive light when talking about the future (i.e when a product is going to release). In the future it will be Beta tested???. Poor use of english.

If there is so much confusion on what they are trying to say in a gaming forum, expect end users to go ... "What".

Trolls go what and sow confusion
any objective person will not go trough all this effort

I don't know why people have to get so defensive about their platform of choice...

I prefer Sony.. I don't hide the fact, but when they do something stupid I will say so..., but ultimately i am a gamer... even though you might not know from all my rushed writing posts, but I am also an author... and guess what, it's a bad ad. No trolling from me. As a writer, I am being objective and saying... it's a bad ad.

You can continue to say it's a great ad, that's fine, but I disagree.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

everything aside how horrible is it if everyone goes all raging over it?
ins't that the main purpose of advertisement

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

iamdeath said:
landguy1 said:
iamdeath said:
landguy1 said:
The haters are working so hard to try and put down the XB1, they are even after the advertising.

hate? I don't hate anything that is a piece of electronics, a bad ad is a bad ad period.  If sony or nintendo did this I'd say the same thing. It is a stupid headline.

Well, it just so happens that htis ad is from M$ then?  Based on your posting history, that is unlikely.  Now, if you posted a half dozen ads from Nintendo and Sony that are "bad", then I would believe your statement.

I could care less what you believe...............It is just a terrible ad. Sony has some terrible ones to (PS3 baaby commercial LOL). A bad ad is a bad ad period.

If you didn't care what I believe, why did you give an example? 

I am sure that you don't really care what I believe, as I don't care what you believe.  Just had to point that out.  A bad comment is a bad comment period.

Around the Network
landguy1 said:
iamdeath said:
landguy1 said:
iamdeath said:
landguy1 said:

I could care less what you believe...............It is just a terrible ad. Sony has some terrible ones to (PS3 baaby commercial LOL). A bad ad is a bad ad period.

If you didn't care what I believe, why did you give an example? 

I am sure that you don't really care what I believe, as I don't care what you believe.  Just had to point that out.  A bad comment is a bad comment period.

Judging an add in a forum thread that is aout the ad is a bad comment? Translation, I don;t agree with you so it's bad? OK champ. It's a bad ad.

kirby007 said:

Not seen anyone raging about it, just seen a couple of people getting a bit bent out of place that it's being mentioned.

It's not a big deal, just a bad ad. 

In terms of marketing... making people say it's a bad ad/discussion is not the idea of an advertisement... An ad is to inform, excite, promote and to get people to buy. The Name/Console image/Style does the first lot, but the tagline does nothing to help sell the product. Taglines are very important to making it catchy/interesting.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
kirby007 said:

Not seen anyone raging about it, just seen a couple of people getting a bit bent out of place that it's being mentioned.

In terms of marketing... making people say it's a bad ad/discussion is not the idea of an advertisement... An ad is to inform, excite, promote and to get people to buy. The Name/Console image/Style does the first lot, but the tagline does nothing to help sell the product. Taglines are very important to making it catchy/interesting.

does this ad create awareness for the xbox one?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

SvennoJ said:
Reminds of the brilliant Phillips' slogan: "Let's make things better" Sorry our current products aren't that great but we'll make them better.

Good to know they'll keep on beta testing the Xbox One in the future, they did start already right.

Seeing as it says "TESTED" as in already happened they won't keep doing it in the future.

kirby007 said:
Madword said:
kirby007 said:

does this ad create awareness for the xbox one?

I could put a turd on a poster and it might create some awareness, doesn't make it a good ad, it is a terrible heading.