By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Its still so expensive as we live in rip-off Britian... Oh well!

Around the Network

Ah great, if it turns out to become 99USD, I'll import an US PS2.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Nice price, but I'm glad that my old PS2 with the hard drive of saved games on it still works :)

Good to see this site is still going 

The PS2 will haunt Nintendo and Microsoft fanboys in their dreams for all eternity! Muahahahaha! $50 PS2 FTW! lol

Those who think the ps2 is going to die this year will be in for a rude awakening when the ps2 gets a price drop.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

a $30 price drop WW would do wonders for the console.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

insomniac17 said:

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps2-news/4367.html

"With all the talk about hardware price reductions for the PlayStation 3, everyone has sort of forgotten about its predecessor. However, if you don't already own one - or you made the mistake of getting rid of one when purchasing the 40GB PS3, which doesn't support PS2 software - than Target has a great deal coming up.

As you can see by this ad, the retailer will start selling the PS2 for the new low price of $99 on February 24. Now, we have no idea if this is just a Target sale, or if it's actually a permanent price drop. We haven't heard anything from Sony, but then again, the Game Developers Conference hits the week before this new price, so perhaps that's when we'll get the announcement. It's rare to find a sale on game consoles anywhere, so we'd like to assume this new $99 price tag isn't restricted to being a one-time Target sale.

Even though its entering its eighth year of existence, and 120 million people have already purchased the system, sales are still strong for the most popular game console in history. And if it's really dropping to $99 later this month, we should see the final significant sales spike..."

I'm hoping this is a permenant price drop, because then people can't complain as much about the 40GB PS3 having no BC, in the US at least. As the article says, this will probably be the last major sales spike for the PS2.

That doesn't make any sense.

So, for $510, you can own a PS2, memory card, and 40GB PS3.

Or, for $500, you can own an 80GB PS3 that upscales PS2 games, comes bundled with two PS3 games, doesn't require a memory card, and doesn't take up extra space in your entertainment center.

Explain to me how this affects the non-BC 40GB PS3 again because I'm not getting it... 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Wow...
its cheaper than a dslite

weird...

lets see how it will do...

rocketpig said:
insomniac17 said:

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps2-news/4367.html

"With all the talk about hardware price reductions for the PlayStation 3, everyone has sort of forgotten about its predecessor. However, if you don't already own one - or you made the mistake of getting rid of one when purchasing the 40GB PS3, which doesn't support PS2 software - than Target has a great deal coming up.

As you can see by this ad, the retailer will start selling the PS2 for the new low price of $99 on February 24. Now, we have no idea if this is just a Target sale, or if it's actually a permanent price drop. We haven't heard anything from Sony, but then again, the Game Developers Conference hits the week before this new price, so perhaps that's when we'll get the announcement. It's rare to find a sale on game consoles anywhere, so we'd like to assume this new $99 price tag isn't restricted to being a one-time Target sale.

Even though its entering its eighth year of existence, and 120 million people have already purchased the system, sales are still strong for the most popular game console in history. And if it's really dropping to $99 later this month, we should see the final significant sales spike..."

I'm hoping this is a permenant price drop, because then people can't complain as much about the 40GB PS3 having no BC, in the US at least. As the article says, this will probably be the last major sales spike for the PS2.

That doesn't make any sense.

So, for $510, you can own a PS2, memory card, and 40GB PS3.

Or, for $500, you can own an 80GB PS3 that upscales PS2 games, comes bundled with two PS3 games, doesn't require a memory card, and doesn't take up extra space in your entertainment center.

Explain to me how this affects the non-BC 40GB PS3 again because I'm not getting it...

Yes, I said AS MUCH. As in emphasis on the AS MUCH part. People will still complain, but it doesn't cost AS MUCH as it did if this is true, so the deal is slightly better, and people will have LESS to complain about. It affects the 40GB model because, then it doesn't cost AS MUCH to get BC. I still think the 80GB PS3 is the better deal of the two.

This of course is very good for the ps2...It will be around for a very long time,its not going anywhere...