By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Which XBOX ONE Kinect 2.0 focused game do you feel is a must own/system seller?

I am trying to see if maybe my memory is off here, but I am not seeing people name any.  I see people say Ryse/Forza/Titanfall as games they are excited about.  But I am curious which games requiring the Kinect 2.0 sensor has people excited.

So, I would like to ask this:

* Which Kinect sensor game is a must own for you on the ONE?

* Which Kinect sensor game do you see will be a system seller for the ONE?  Do you see anything beyond Dance Central?

Around the Network

D4. You can play it with controller if you want, but it is designed for Kinect. Also, Project Spark.

That's part of M$'s problem. Or, maybe not. I doubt that M$ would be this smart, They could possibly be waiting for the obvious launch window sellouts to be over so they can launch some great Kinect focused games. This will allow them to get another wave of press and actually have systems for the casual crowd to buy.

I doubt that this is really the case, but you never know. If they are smart, they will bundle some Kinect games with the XB1 come March or April. To stop from upsetting the early buyers, they just give them as digital downloads. This strategy is only really needed if things get really tough for M$.

Wright said:

D4. You can play it with controller if you want, but it is designed for Kinect. Also, Project Spark.

if memory serves me,. move enabled games like kz3, bioshock infinate, unfinished swan, resistance 3, portal 2, resident evil 5, ect. didn't count because you could also play it with a controller...

kitler53 said:
Wright said:

if memory serves me,. move enabled games like kz3, bioshock infinate, unfinished swan, resistance 3, portal 2, resident evil 5, ect. didn't count because you could also play it with a controller...

Who says it didn't count?

Around the Network

Must own-Kinect sports rivals http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuKLAukSzX0
Sistem Seller-50 shades the game =)

Project Spark

landguy1 said:
That's part of M$'s problem. Or, maybe not. I doubt that M$ would be this smart, They could possibly be waiting for the obvious launch window sellouts to be over so they can launch some great Kinect focused games. This will allow them to get another wave of press and actually have systems for the casual crowd to buy.

I doubt that this is really the case, but you never know. If they are smart, they will bundle some Kinect games with the XB1 come March or April. To stop from upsetting the early buyers, they just give them as digital downloads. This strategy is only really needed if things get really tough for M$.

yeah, agreed.  MS needs to either:

A) show some really great kinect games to show off the value of having kinect bundled in every xbone justifying the $100 price difference with ps4.

B) remove kinect if they don't have any great games elminiting the $100 that is at this point the primary reason xbone is trailing to ps4.

Well, if I do get an XBOne, I'll probably pick up Kinect Sports Rivals. However, it's Project Spark that interests me the most, even though its Kinect functionality hasn't been detailed yet. I can see you being able to simply 'grab' and object and place it where you want, or to physically 'mold' the landscape into the shape you're picturing.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
landguy1 said:

Actually, this IS what they plan to do. Remember that document that leaked a couple years back that showed their Xbox business outline for this gen? It basically said that they would put all the focus on hardcore games and gamers first, because we are the ones who buy into consoles at launch, then slowly morph into a casual business like the Wii.

They're pretty much going to do what they did this gen, and people are falling for it.