By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin 3 Entered At 10 top NPD numbers

the_dengle said:
Soundwave said:

I've been playing Nintendo consoles most likely since before you were in diapers.

I paid a legit $90 for Super Mario Bros. 3 when it came out (that's a lot of cutting lawns, by the way) ... which would be something like $5000 today ;).

Another person who thinks that being a fan of Nintendo 25 years ago qualifies them to criticize the company long after they have moved on. 'This doesn't appeal to me any more, so it must be bad. I haven't changed at all in 25 years.'

You're also really bad at inflation. I don't trust people with over 95% error in their mathematical calculations.

Haha I was about to post a similar reply. I think hes implying that hes older than me so by default that makes him a bigger fan.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
Soundwave said:

I've been playing Nintendo consoles most likely since before you were in diapers.

I paid a legit $90 for Super Mario Bros. 3 when it came out (that's a lot of cutting lawns, by the way) ... which would be something like $5000 today ;).

Another person who thinks that being a fan of Nintendo 25 years ago qualifies them to criticize the company long after they have moved on. 'This doesn't appeal to me any more, so it must be bad. I haven't changed at all in 25 years.'

You're also really bad at inflation. I don't trust people with over 95% error in their mathematical calculations.

I'm a Nintendo fan since 1989, so yeah pretty damn close to 25 years, even if I'm not neccessarily a fan of their current management which I feel is borderline incompetent (sorry). I have three 3DS systems, 1 Wii U, 2 Wiis, 2 N64s, 2 GameCubes, 1 NES, 2 GBAs, 3 DS (phat, Lite, and DSi XL), 1 SNES.

Will probably track down a Virtual Boy at some point on eBay. And unlike a lot of Nintendo fans, I actually put my money where my mouth is, I will be purchasing The Wonderful 101 tomorrow, joining a small group of people who will actually support this game with their wallet.

Half the most ardent Wii U apologists on this board don't even own the system themselves, which I find far more bizarre.

Pikmin 3 is seriously the best in the series, every one on the fence should seriously check it out...
...people are always vocal to colplain about the homogenization of AAA games, but when it comes to buying something out of your comfort zone it is always "meh, maybe cheap down the line" etc. ...
"Nintendo only does Mario and Zelda games"

Soundwave said:
the_dengle said:
Soundwave said:

I'm a Nintendo fan since 1989, so yeah pretty damn close to 25 years, even if I'm not neccessarily a fan of their current management which I feel is borderline incompetent (sorry). I have three 3DS systems, 1 Wii U, 2 Wiis, 2 N64s, 2 GameCubes, 1 NES, 2 GBAs, 3 DS (phat, Lite, and DSi XL), 1 SNES.

Will probably track down a Virtual Boy at some point on eBay. And unlike a lot of Nintendo fans, I actually put my money where my mouth is, I will be purchasing The Wonderful 101 tomorrow, joining a small group of people who will actually support this game with their wallet.

Half the most ardent Wii U apologists on this board don't even own the system themselves, which I find far more bizarre.

Being critical of Nintendo doesn't mean you cant be a fan. Being pessimistic at some of Nintendo's platforms, doesn't mean you're not a fan. Why people cant understand that is baffling. 

Let me tell you people a story, so we can shed light upon a few things about Nintendo fans:

In a recent radio interview, Pachter was notably fed up by Nintendo fans. He estimate there to be 30 million Nintendo fans in total worldwide, and asked why the hell they cant put their money where their mouth is and buy the freakin WiiU. 

I own a WiiU, and believe I can shed some light on the Nintendo fan mentality.

I have one RL friend(I have quite a few friends who own a Nintendo console, but aren't really fans, mind you) whom call himself a Nintendo fan. So, I ask him. Why haven't you bought a WiiU, yet? He said: "I'm boycotting any Nintendo platform which doesn't have a new F-Zero". That is what he said. So he comes to my apartment for his 2D mario fix. 

I found this to be interesting. Obviously, Nintendo fans have a price; When their favorite franchise get an update, THAT's when they jump in. Not a moment sooner. Even if it hurts Nintendo financially. They just have a price. 

Soundwave said:

Where did you live, Super Mario 3 only had a MSRP of $49.99 in the US.

Around the Network

Great. Should have solid LTD regardless of what soundwave suggests.

Its a great game and it will ride up with Wii U's rise in userbase.