By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony Brazil sucks: here is why.

Tagged games:

Do Sony Brazil suck?

They suck big time. 22 36.07%

Suckaroooooooo... 6 9.84%

No, you are overreacting,... 18 29.51%

Microsoft is behind this: SABOTAGE! 15 24.59%

Total:61

Your course of action was the best. I am 100% sure you will recieve Beyond: Two Souls. I also had a similar issue when I pre ordered from e-starland. I pre ordered SMT IV and put an incorrect adress. I just called them and they changed it saying they will put a note on it. And it came home safe and sound! And that was e-starland... you will be fine

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Well, amateur services like that are common place here in Brazil. It is a very big gaming consumer market but no one gives a damn. That's why I either import stuff or stick with Steam/GOG.

Boa sorte, véio! rsrsrs

green_sky said:
Ahh i see. Hopefully they have better customer service. I mean MUGEN was big fan of Sony as he would have even bought Sony washing machine but now he is going to buy their games used. Even digital games somehow. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5656346

They sure do. I bought thousands of bucks worth of games in cool brazilian retailers online, like Wallmart.br, Livrariasaraiva.br and Fnac.br, never had any problem. It is just sony br.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I´d say not only Sony, but all the Brazilian videogame market sucks...

Of course things now are a little better than 10 years ago, when we didn´t have any console here and we had to import all.

Today at least we can buy Sony, MS and Nintendo consoles "officially". I say "officially" because they´re basically still imported (not produced in Brazil) by their official brands/subsidiaries - except Nintendo, who still don´t have a subsidiarie in Brazil but only a contract with a local company. And some studios are translanting their games to our idiom too , what is a blessing .

Still, we´re a long way to go. Everything videogame-related is too expensive. Probably we pay the most for consoles among "developing" countries. Distribution still is a problem. Many games simply don´t reach us.

Anfebious said:
Your course of action was the best. I am 100% sure you will recieve Beyond: Two Souls. I also had a similar issue when I pre ordered from e-starland. I pre ordered SMT IV and put an incorrect adress. I just called them and they changed it saying they will put a note on it. And it came home safe and sound! And that was e-starland... you will be fine

Yes, my argentinean friend, but, remember, THEY made the crazy mistake, I had no input on it. I bought BEYOND, they confirmed Resistance 3. That is just idiotic.

But, I am confident the correct game will be delivered. But, like B.F. Skinner would do to a bad behaving dog, they will get consequences, even if minor, none of my gaming purchases shall be made on SONY.BR from this day foward.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
farlaff said:
Well, amateur services like that are common place here in Brazil. It is a very big gaming consumer market but no one gives a damn. That's why I either import stuff or stick with Steam/GOG.

Boa sorte, véio! rsrsrs

Tell me about man, this country is like a bad joke sometimes, but, it is my home and I love it anyways.

Rogerioandrade said:
I´d say not only Sony, but all the Brazilian videogame market sucks...

Of course things now are a little better than 10 years ago, when we didn´t have any console here and we had to import all.

Today at least we can buy Sony, MS and Nintendo consoles "officially". I say "officially" because they´re basically still imported (not produced in Brazil) by their official brands/subsidiaries - except Nintendo, who still don´t have a subsidiarie in Brazil but only a contract with a local company. And some studios are translanting their games to our idiom too , what is a blessing .

Still, we´re a long way to go. Everything videogame-related is too expensive. Probably we pay the most for consoles among "developing" countries. Distribution still is a problem. Many games simply don´t reach us.

You are right Bidu, we always get the shittiest deals and, basically, get punished for liking video games in Brazil. However, the portuguese localizations are kinda cool because I always play each game two times now: one in english and the second in portuguese, just for a laugh.

WagnerPaiva said:
Anfebious said:

Yes, my argentinean friend, but, remember, THEY made the crazy mistake, I had no input on it. I bought BEYOND, they confirmed Resistance 3. That is just idiotic.

But, I am confident the correct game will be delivered. But, like B.F. Skinner would do to a bad behaving dog, they will get consequences, even if minor, none of my gaming purchases shall be made on SONY.BR from this day foward.

I agree it was a really stupid mistake xD. But say don't you have specialized gaming stores in Brazil? Here we have 3, CD market, Electronic Things and Alimac. They are usually better than buying at Sony as they are slightly more cheaper and you can pre-order if you want!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
I agree it was a really stupid mistake xD. But say don't you have specialized gaming stores in Brazil? Here we have 3, CD market, Electronic Things and Alimac. They are usually better than buying at Sony as they are slightly more cheaper and you can pre-order if you want!

There are some video game stores here and there, but not big ones, we do our gaming shopping ate normal retailers like Wallmart...

Also, I live in a little town so we do not have any cool shops in here.

WagnerPaiva said:
Anfebious said:

There are some video game stores here and there, but not big ones, we do our gaming shopping ate normal retailers like Wallmart...

Also, I live in a little town so we do not have any cool shops in here.

Ahh that makes sense. At least you have wallmart! The Wallmart here has almost no gaming products xD.