By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Disgaea 4: Return teaser trailer (Along with release date info)

KingdomHeartsFan said:
MDMAlliance said:
Do you need to play the other Disgaea games in order to know what's going on?

The Disgaea games are like the Tales of or FF games, every new numbered entry starts off with new characters, but I think they are all in the same world, unlike those other games.  Like the characters from the past games might make an appearance, but its nothing major.  This is all assumptions because I've only beat the first 2 and only a little bit into the 3rd.

I see.  Someone I know once recommended it.  I would get it, but I'm not sure where I would want to start with it, unless I have to start from the first one.

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
MDMAlliance said:

The Disgaea games are like the Tales of or FF games, every new numbered entry starts off with new characters, but I think they are all in the same world, unlike those other games.  Like the characters from the past games might make an appearance, but its nothing major.  This is all assumptions because I've only beat the first 2 and only a little bit into the 3rd.

I see.  Someone I know once recommended it.  I would get it, but I'm not sure where I would want to start with it, unless I have to start from the first one.

You could get 1, 2, 3 or 4, but don't get the new one that's coming out D2 a Brighter Darkness because that is a direct sequel to the first one and I think you need to play it.  I'd recommend getting 4 because the gameplay will be most up to date, in every entry they add a few new features.  If your planning on getting them all you could play them in order, but if you just wanna get one then I'd get 4.  Or you could get the first one then you can play D2...idk lol.  

BasilZero said:
MDMAlliance said:

Not really but for reference Disgaea 1 characters do appear in Disgaea 2.

From what I heard D3 and D4 have absolutely little to no references to D1 , D2 and to each other.

However Disgaea D2 is a TRUE sequel to Disgaea 1 since it continues the main storyline of Disgaea 1 characters.

I recommend getting the PSP versions of D1 and D2 though cause they have more content. D3 on Vita has all of the DLCs and D4 should honestly have them as well.

The PSP version of Disgaea 2 is a bitch to find...idk why because the PSP version of the first one is so cheap and esay to get...I eventually found one, but its in terrible condition, doesn't even have the manual.