By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone: Shadow Fall features no XP progression in multiplayer

Tagged games:

I think they should have used the Killzone Mercenary model. Have everything unlocked, but allow you to gain money and purchase it all before you can use it. That way you atleast have to do something to be able to switch to different weapons and perks.

Around the Network
Azerth said:
Whitefire said:
Azerth said:
So whats the point of having unlocks behind the challenges when all everyone is going to is create a custom gamemode to farm the challenges

Some of the challenges are really complex and require almost luck to happen. Plus you won't be communicating to the other team so they won't know what challenge you are on. It would be a big hassle to get it to work, and probably not worth the time. Also there is no FFA mode.

Yeah but whats stoping people from making a gamemode labled with the challenge name, and wouldnt joining with the max number of players get around all that.  Also if they require luck wouldnt that mean that some items will be locked away from most players giving some an unfair advantage?  Also why isnt there a ffa mode isnt that like the most basic game mode of every multi shooter

The problem with that is you have to have to make a WHOLE gamemode for it, and play the whole match which could take forever and it is only for one challenge. The ones that require luck are challenges that require you to kill someone while they are doing a certain task. It's hard to do and unpractical to boost for. Also there is no FFA I guess, because it would be even easier to boost, since everyone would be an enemy and you could all talk to each other. They might add FFA, but right now there isn't.

I personally love unlocking things, gives the game longevity but for whatever reason, the masses don't so I guess I can see why they've gone down this route.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Can't wait. This game is going to be great.