By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Deep Down might be heading to Xbox One

Tagged games:

these 3rd party xclusives are so pointless and its funnier watch fanboys fighting for them!

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network

So, it's timed exclusive?

Capcom : ASHDHODIHOASOI NextGen IOHASDIODO()=0028323 Deep Down 9oihdasiohiohdaios

Random on the Internet : OMG ITS MULTIPLATFORM!!!!

This is what i see here.

Just like Titanfall coming to the PS4, if you're a fan of the console it's exclusive on currently and you're not getting the other console, why do you care?

You're losing an exclusive, everyone else is gaining a title that looks to be good. Well, except Nintendo. It's not the game isn't any worse or better because it's no longer on your console, and even if is exclusive, it's better to let the other fanbase find out on their own than arguing with them that it won't be timed.

Isn't sony helping capcom with deep down in some capacity. I find it highly unlikely for it to be multiplatform.
Found it
Ps4 Exclusive with SCEJ engineers helping with dev
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=672969

Around the Network

What we know right now is that currently it is a PS4 exclusive, there has been no word since it was revealed almost 7 months ago of it going anywhere else, the guy in charge of the project said there is no X1 version, and Sony helped make the game. At this point, any claim that it's going to be released on the X1 is wishful thinking until further notice.

Help optimize an engine is not the same as publishing the game. It could come to the x1 if is successful with the ps4 in America.

@FiliusDei

Well, it's a bit more complicated than publishing vs. not publishing the game, as interviews seem to suggest that Capcom is working with Sony to develop the Panta Rhei engine (the engine used by Deep Down) specifically for the PS4.

FiliusDei said:
Help optimize an engine is not the same as publishing the game. It could come to the x1 if is successful with the ps4 in America.

There are more reasons for a game to be an exclusive than simply "we gave you money".

daredevil.shark said:
bananaking21 said:
well that would be great if capcom them selfs didnt say that there is no xbox one version. god you just gotta love gaming journalism

Yup. Gaming journalism is shady. I knew it. Its capcom afterall. I can still remember about the exclusivity of resident evil 4 in gamecube. At that time many of my friends mocked me ps2 wont be getting resident evil 4. A few months later I laughed when I heard the new of ps2 version. Lol.

Didn't that move cause Mikami to quit Capcom. 

While this isn't on the same level as that porting of Resident Evil 4, I feel lying like that in general is bad for business. Really hurts trust in a company.

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842