By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who do you hate EA?

What's wrong with Madden exactly? This last edition was rated very well. It isn't exactly NFL 2K series quality, but nothing ever was. There are so many developers that put out absolute nonsense, but EA chugs along year after year, delivering proven franchises and original IPs.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Because they're clearly just in it for the money.

- They release the same sports titles every year with very trivial technical advancements from the predecessors.

- They bought the NFL license, eliminating any competition (2K games).

- They perennially buy the licenses to major 'blockbuster' movie releases for the videogame adaptation and will just release the game in tandem regardless of quality, as that's when the hype of the title is at its' peak for increased sales.

- And lastly, for the most part their releases are crap.

Please, oh please don't screw up Bioware/Pandemic.

Ea sucks but the new Beat Blox or Boom Blox game looks awesome

oh ya Fight Night 3 is fun too

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Your punctuation is wrong. It should be: "Who do you hate? EA!"

I detest them due to their loooong history of making shitty games, not to mention buying smaller yet way better developers, and turning them into shit as well.

That's the tl;dr version anyway. It's hard to explain, because this whole thread feels like a Martian popped up and asked us why we don't like drowning in boiling vats of our own urine.

EA is dissed, sometimes rightly, somenots not, because they rely on

1. Yearly franchises like Need for Speed, the Sims, Medal of Honor, various sports games, etc., which are viewed to be of mediocre quality, and

2. Aggressively buying franchises, studios and publishers, which they sometimes tap for yearly franchises and/or dissolve when they are no longer profitable.

At the same time, they seem to give free reign to companies like Maxis and Harmonix to create innovative new products. And though oft-dissed, their yearly franchises mostly started as smart, high quality, well-marketed products which filled major niches in the games market, and developed a good brand within those niches.

So I have very mixed feelings towards EA. Hopefully most people can see both how parts of their model are unsustainable, but also how they've earned their spot in the market with innovative and high quality products.

Rock Band is probably the best game I've played this gen (sorry, Mario), so I'll give +1 to EA for that.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

I hate them for their crappy game and their purchase of Bioware.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music
Parokki said:

I detest them due to their loooong history of making shitty games, not to mention buying smaller yet way better developers, and turning them into shit as well.

That's my problem with them.

They have the quality control of a dead hamster and are more than willing to screw the customer in one form or another (cheap cash-ins) to make money.

I don't but much of EA's games, I think only 3 so I don't really care about them.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

DMeisterJ said:
I hate Ea because of Madden... nuff said.
Have you ever played Madden? A few minutes at a friends' house doesn't count 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

well designers obviously hate EA cause they're jealous of it's success

personally, I don't really like EA games either cause many are very repetitive *cough* Madden *cough*