By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who do you hate EA?

I've seen tons of negative press on this forum about EA. Anytime a quip needs to be made about designers phoning in games, they're basically pulling an EA. Why the hate? I'll respond with something once I see some arguments on the table. Also if you want to chime in on EA's behalf, be my guest. It would be a welcome change.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

I don't understand the original question - "Who do you hate EA?"
clarify?

epsilon72 said:
I don't understand the original question - "Who do you hate EA?"
clarify?

Thinking the same thing...

I don´t hate EA... but I don´t like them

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

because they took out the online play in the australian version of MOH H2.
ehhh, it was a shit game anyway.

EA is considered by so many people on this forum to be a sub standard, lazy, cash-in development company and I'm wondering why. I've had plenty of fun playing EA games over the years. They've been original, innovative and insanely fun. For those that do not like EA, why do you not?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

I hate Ea because of Madden... nuff said.

So if the question is WHY do you hate EA... I don't hate EA! Their games may not be top-notch - aside very few - but there's a pretty constant level of some pretty good quality which cannot be claimed of many other companies... If you are going to buy a game made published by EA you know what you get - you just shouldn't expect too much, especially in terms of innovation... In compare Ubisoft maybe has more original ideas and works from REALLY high quality but also throws out a lot of shit (mainly for Wii and DS) and that's something which makes me angry!

Onyxmeth said:
EA is considered by so many people on this forum to be a sub standard, lazy, cash-in development company and I'm wondering why. I've had plenty of fun playing EA games over the years. They've been original, innovative and insanely fun. For those that do not like EA, why do you not?

What specifically have you played from EA?

In my experience some EA games can be okay (occasionally), but nowhere near as good as genre-leading games. It's sort of like saying "wow, I really enjoy this Big Mac!" when someone else is eating somewhere else saying "wow, I really enjoy this fillet mignon!" Of course it is all subjective though...

Now I'm hungry.

edit: also, they don't really seem to care about their work, for the most part.  They don't make games for the sake of making games - they make games solely for profit. 

EA mainly release substandard sports games each year that are slight improvements on previous year i.e. updated rosters for teams.

Onyxmeth said:

Orange box says hi...

And, every version of Battle For Middle Earth suffers from the same thing, IA is crappy and the game sucks memory like no tomorrow... (After one game)

Battlefield 2 has a lot of patches, a couple broke the game two or three of times...

And I bet there is more... a lot more... 

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."