By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your favourite collector's edition?

I normally buy the regular, retail versions, but when I heard about the anniversary edition for Madden 25 coming with this season's NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTV for just 100 dollars (Unfortunately, DirecTV isn't here in Canada, so I can't take advantage of that deal), I was wondering where this ranked amongst collectors editions in terms of value. Sunday ticket is 45 or 60 dollars per month, and you can easily spend 250 dollars or more on it alone. To get a whole season's worth of games for 100 dollars, even if bundled with the garbage that is Madden 25, is an unbelievable deal.

Anyway, I'm just wondering about other awesome collector's editions for other games. The Madden 25 Anniversary Edition surely is a great value, considering how horrendously overpriced Sunday Ticket is.

Human contact, the final frontier.

Around the Network

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Red4ADevil said:
Metroid Prime Trilogy

Definitely a good one, though I never bought it because I bought all three Prime games near their respective launches. One of the best trilogies I've ever played.

I really like the Final Fantasy XIII-2 C.E.

The box quality is so good.

I like my MGSIV limited edition, nice art.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

Halo 3 Legendary Edition. You can't get better than that.

Skyward Sword

$10 extra for a golden Wiimote and Soundtrack?

HELL YA

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Ocarina of Time for me.

Still treasure that gold cartridge more than just about anything in my collection.

_crazy_man_ said:
Skyward Sword

$10 extra for a golden Wiimote and Soundtrack?

HELL YA

Definitely one of the best this generation. If people thought getting Wii Play was worth it for the Wiimote it came with, definitely antying up 10 more dollars for a gold Wiimote and soundtrack and maybe the best game on the Wii makes a lot of sense. One of the few LEs I ever bought.

Final Fantasy XIII-2.

The box is awesome and beautiful, and it comes with a full 4 disc soundtrack, not a just a sampler. And some nifty art things. And, it was priced well. The soundtrack separately is more than 19.99 (It's 24.99 on itunes).