By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U "Price Cut" Will Have Little Effect! Also, Will You Buy One Now!? <(o_O<)

After the price cut, will you buy Wii U?

Heck yeah!!! 197 60.62%

Naw mawn... 128 39.38%

Total:325

Yes the drop will help like any drop would at this point, but I feel that if that's the amount they're gonna drop the price by, then they may aswell not have dropped the price at all. I mean, I know it technically is one, but I really can't call this a price cut. The Wii U as a whole went from $300-$350 to $300. There isn't an actual new n lower price here, and so the average peoples probably wont notice a difference. This means that if they weren't going to buy a Wii U at it's current price range, then they still wont buy it even after this "price drop". Of course, with new game releases and the holidays, it'll be pretty hard to tell how effective this price cut was since sales are going to go up regardless, so all this is probably pointless lol. Still, I also wanted to ask if peoples will get a Wii U now thanks to price cut, so be sure to answer the poll!

Around the Network

it was the value difference between the basic and premium that stopped consumer buying the basic over the premium. With the premium now $300 packed in with a game and 32gb - it is a better proposition. Anyway price cut won't mean shit without games - so the holiday season lineup and Mario kart 8 is important

What you expected a $100 drop?

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

_crazy_man_ said:

i don't know why people were expecting that nintendo is already taking enough of a lost on the system as it is and i imagine it was hard for them just to cut it to 300$

Naw mawn... i already got one

Around the Network
animegaming said:
_crazy_man_ said:

i don't know why people were expecting that nintendo is already taking enough of a lost on the system as it is and i imagine it was hard for them just to cut it to 300$

I think for some reason after the 3DS's $80 drop, many thought the Wii U would follow a similar route.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Nope ... unless it hits the 250 range around Black Friday I do not intend to get one. Save for Pikmin 3, there are no games on it I am interested in. I will likely pick one up the day Smash Bros. launches though. I already played and enjoyed Zelda WW, so that's not a reason for me to get one (though I do intend to pick it up later), and Mario 3D Land is another game I'll get but don't see myself buying a system for.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Agreed. If you think of it more like a memory bump for the 8GB sku, then it seems less effective.

mii-gamer said:
it was the value difference between the basic and premium that stopped consumer buying the basic over the premium. With the premium now $300 packed in with a game and 32gb - it is a better proposition. Anyway price cut won't mean shit without games - so the holiday season lineup and Mario kart 8 is important

Yeah that's true. Wii U could be $100 right now and it would still only sell meh to average at best. I still think this drop wouldn't do much regardless of when it happened though.

I am getting one at this weekend. The price cut won't have any effect here on my country, tough luck...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"