By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Great 2d PS2 games? What year is this?

It's another Nippon Ichi title (Disgaea is their best-known title).

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

Yep I definitely agree, i'll be picking this one up it will suit me perfectly... it's mad!

Dang... This sucks...because now I have to get a PS2. I've already got Shadows of the Colossus to play, and God of War, and many others...and now this. Maybe near the end of the summer, I might get a PS2. It's definitely more worthwhile to me than a PS3.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Dang... This sucks...because now I have to get a PS2. I've already got Shadows of the Colossus to play, and God of War, and many others...and now this. Maybe near the end of the summer, I might get a PS2. It's definitely more worthwhile to me than a PS3.

wtf, you ever have a PS2 ? 

worthwile or less expensive.

omg, that game looks absolutely amazing I was completely blown away by the art style, and the game play looks great.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

I wish that more 2D games would be developed. They cost less to make and can still be damn fun. I ate up Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission, Four Swords Adventures, and Castlevania: CotM. I'd love to have some high-quality 2D games that I can play on a screen wider than 2.5 inches (though I do use my Game Boy Player to play Metroid Fusion on a TV, the resolution is still half of 480i).

I gotta figure out a way to play imported games because this is never going to see a pal release :(

If they made a really well animated 2D console Casltevania that would be amazing, seriously they should do it... They are releasing Street Fighter II with all new HD 2D graphics on 360 and PS3 this year, that game should look really nice. They're gonna make it nicer looking than Guilty Gear which is saying a lot...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Fighting games became dead to me as soon as they went 3D. I love my SF2, MK3, and Killer Instinct, bring them back! Modern fighting games just have no response, no controllability. Actually, this must be why I love Smash Bros. so much, because even though it's rendered in 3D, the playing field is 2D, and the controls are super-tight. Bring on the Brawl!

MK II> MK 3, there is also King of Fighters 2006 that was actually 3D but literally played like a 2D game, it is awesome in my book... Also there's Guilty Gear series that's great 2D fighting and Street Fighter 3 is amazing, can't wait for the SF2 2D HD remix

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!