By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Teaches Surgery, For Real!

brute said:
pakidan101 said:
pichu_pichu said:
So Marble Mania is a must buy game for Surgeons

Either that or Trauma Center.... 

while trauma center is an operating game i dont think it will really teach them how to operate(maybe)

I hope not.  I don't need a horribly ugly, hastily stitched up appendix scar...

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network
CrashMan said:
brute said:
pakidan101 said:
pichu_pichu said:

while trauma center is an operating game i dont think it will really teach them how to operate(maybe)

I hope not.  I don't need a horribly ugly, hastily stitched up appendix scar...

Oh man lol! I have Trauma center and when you start you make nice neat stitches, but once you have to move faster and faster it turns into a ragged mess. Oh man still laughing.

brute said:
pakidan101 said:
pichu_pichu said:

Seems like the point is training them in manual dexterity, so Trauma Center might work very well in that regard.

I'd like to see them do a followup study on what kinds of control are most effective practice for surgeons. I would think that pointer control would be better training, but Marble Mania is obviously a tilt control game.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

This might extend the time before the Wii fad dies.

Holy crap I love it. Soon Wii's in every Hospital. Yeah PS3 can have folding @ home, while Wii's are actually improving surgeons. :)

Around the Network

PS3 - cures cancer.
Wii - Success rates of surgery rise globally.
Analysts predict next video game generation shall abolish hunger and poverty. Millions saved.

izaaz101 said:
kylohk said:
Another piece of final viral marketing from the American press.... literally!

That's a pretty damn good line, lol. Now that's 2 consoles that are helping with science/medicine (wii and ps3). It's the 360's turn to step up.......unless I missed something.

I can see it now "MS 360's Red Ring of Death helps fight diseases in STD clinincs"

Random Person B said:
PS3 - cures cancer.
Wii - Success rates of surgery rise globally.
Analysts predict next video game generation shall abolish hunger and poverty. Millions saved.

Ha!  Isn't this great?  Video games are actually helping to improve our health system.  I love this gen.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

Lol, I love Wii-positive stories.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

mike_intellivision said:
Talk about Blue Ocean stragegy.

Nursing homes.
Rehab centers.
Medical schools.

No wonder the Wii comes in medical white.

Mike from Morgantown

-- Actually, this is pretty amazing how many different uses and skill sets this system can improve. It certainly changes things with respect to the perceptions of game machines.
 A blood spattered Wii should be more realisting for surgeons. 

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"