By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Don't worry about Atari, they will be around forever!

You collect doom articles like you collect pre-crash era magazines. You are so obsessed with doom. Let it go man, this aint the bucket list. I know it's hard but you've got to move on.

Around the Network

I find it funny that this talk is about Nintendo, even though there are other companies out there in the gaming business in a much worse financial state and I don't see anyone saying that they are doomed. Oh well, I guess that's normal stuff.

1889-2013, RIP Nintendo

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

archbrix said:

Once Nintendo is stupidly sold to someone like Warner Communications and everyone like Miyamoto currently involved with the company steps down (including Yamauchi selling his shares as well), then I'll start worrying about the company.

I doubt that will happen but you bring up a curiosity I have. I wonder who the next person to take over Nintendo will be. Obviously they do a lot of inhouse promotions as they are a tightly knit group of developers. 

Sorry Richard. As you can see it is very difficult to have an actual discussion here that involves any form of negativity. People are too emotionally invested.

As for people wondering why everything in here is about Nintendo. Ask the Nintendo people who keep jumping all over Richard. Nintendo was cited as an example, but the overall message isn't about just Nintendo.

Richard, just edit the OP to say "Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Activision, etc..." so people stop complaining and actually try to have a reasonable discussion.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
snyps said:
You collect doom articles like you collect pre-crash era magazines. You are so obsessed with doom. Let it go man, this aint the bucket list. I know it's hard but you've got to move on.

If it bothers you so much you could just easily leave the thread instead of continually putting down Richard. 

As you have said yourself, you've got to move on.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

RolStoppable said:
richardhutnik said:

I see what was written could also refer to that.  I wasn't sure if the NES Ghostbusters was confused with the Genesis version, so I commented.  Also, in regards to Atari, I thought the Atari Ghostbusters was actually good all around, with good writing an acting.  Ok, maybe that is me.

I thought it would be cool to get the Genesis Ghostbusters again, but saw a local retro games store was selling the Genesis version for $50 cart alone.  BLECH!

Ghostbusters 2, the movie.

The movie itself wasn't that good either.  I am pretty sure though that Nerd ended up ripping what you said, a new one also.

Yep....

Euphoria14 said:
snyps said:

If it bothers you so much you could just easily leave the thread instead of continually putting down Richard. 

By the way, I did stick an edit message on top, adding a bit more to it, explaining plug in Microsoft, Sony and so on.  I did have etc... meaning others also in it.

Also, in regards to my said collection, it is more like I bought them back in the day and didn't throw them out. I also think people saying, "Man, stop thinking about doom!" end up missing the point of the state of the industry now, and how people here can end up seeing their hobby end up getting a lot LESS content in it, if things go wrong.  I lived through that era, and saw things went into computer gaming.

richardhutnik said:
Euphoria14 said:
snyps said:

By the way, I did stick an edit message on top, adding a bit more to it, explaining plug in Microsoft, Sony and so on.  I did have etc... meaning others also in it.

Also, in regards to my said collection, it is more like I bought them back in the day and didn't throw them out. I also think people saying, "Man, stop thinking about doom!" end up missing the point of the state of the industry now, and how people here can end up seeing their hobby end up getting a lot LESS content in it, if things go wrong.  I lived through that era, and saw things went into computer gaming.

I must have missed it. I went back to double check what was said and only read the initial portion which mentioned just Nintendo and Activision. My mistake.

Currently playing:

richardhutnik said:
RolStoppable said:
richardhutnik said:

I see what was written could also refer to that.  I wasn't sure if the NES Ghostbusters was confused with the Genesis version, so I commented.  Also, in regards to Atari, I thought the Atari Ghostbusters was actually good all around, with good writing an acting.  Ok, maybe that is me.

I thought it would be cool to get the Genesis Ghostbusters again, but saw a local retro games store was selling the Genesis version for $50 cart alone.  BLECH!

Ghostbusters 2, the movie.

The movie itself wasn't that good either.  I am pretty sure though that Nerd ended up ripping what you said, a new one also.

Yep....

Loved that episode when I first watched it. Brought me back to the days when I played Ghostbusters. 

I would love for him to do an episode on the NES title "The Three Stooges". I can't tell the amount of times I have played that game.

Currently playing: