By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - UK Vita Sales Have Increased 100% This Summer

I know I'm gunna get eatn alive for posting this.

Sony has been talking to MCV  and have revealed that the PS Vita has seen a sales increase of 100% during our rather nice summer, with that success being partly attributed to the Vita Mega Packs, where 10 Vita games are sold for £35.

“Vita had a good summer, the Mega Pack is one of the things that has boosted performance by more than 100 per cent. It’s now in growth year-on-year. And you’ve seen several pieces of news at Gamescom which will only help. So that means we can feel optimistic,” said Sony’s UK boss Fergal Gara.

Of course the price cut for the Vita and its memory cards probably also helped, and the potential of relationship with the PS4 is also a plus, especially the Remote Play function. The interview also revealed that by the end of 2013 the Vita will have over 900 titles.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/09/06/uk-vita-sales-have-increased-100-this-summer/comment-page-2/

Around the Network

I hope it'll continue to sell! I feel so weird saying that though, hoping for it sell, even though I haven't gotten one myself.

Yay 50 more people bought it ^_^

VGPolyglot said:
I hope it'll continue to sell! I feel so weird saying that though, hoping for it sell, even though I haven't gotten one myself.

You planning on buying one?

think-man said:
VGPolyglot said:

You planning on buying one?

If I had the money, I definitely would. Last year, I had to decide between the 3DS and Vita, and ultimately went with the 3DS. I'm getting a PS4 this year, and have already paid all of it off, so I don't really have the money to get one right now.

Around the Network

I'm honestly not sure what figures they're referring too. Unless VGChartz numbers are way off, the Vita is performing far below what it was doing last year in UK. It was selling on average between 2000 and 2500 around this time last year. It's also not up significantly since March or April. I seriously just don't know where this 100% boost is coming from. I guess if you spin the numbers hard enough, they change completely?

JWeinCom said:
I'm honestly not sure what figures they're referring too. Unless VGChartz numbers are way off, the Vita is performing far below what it was doing last year in UK. It was selling on average between 2000 and 2500 around this time last year. It's also not up significantly since March or April. I seriously just don't know where this 100% boost is coming from. I guess if you spin the numbers hard enough, they change completely?

Who really knows, The Psp number have been all over the place in EU is wouldnt surprise me if the same was happening here.

I assume the increase is from Spring to Summer? If so, it's still well below where we were last year so it's not that positive.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.