By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How Is Vita Doing Now? (KillZone Has Yet To Be Released)

How Are These Vita Sales After A Price Drop With No New Software Doing?

Sales Are Good,But Should Be Higher 22 14.86%

They Are Where I Expect Them 6 4.05%

Need To Improve Alot More 52 35.14%

Way Off Of What It Needs To Be 39 26.35%

Much Better Than I Expected 5 3.38%

Too Early To Say As Of Now 24 16.22%

Total:148

Where is the "slightly better than I expected, albeit still not good" option?

Around the Network

This is a side note, but I hope this boosted sales mean more people pick up Gravity Rush. It had the bad fortune of launching when the Vita was priced outlandishly. Hopefully it can soon become a franchise

Soundwave said:
teigaga said:
It might not even be till 2015 where the systems sales peak. Thats the great about having a future proof device.

There will be cell phones and tablets that are considerably more powerful than Vita by then. It's really not that future proof. It wouldn't stun me if by 2015 Nintendo is announcing their next-gen portable to boot. By 2015 there will be nothing all that impressive about its hardware at all.

And the phones/tablets will still have no buttons or analouge sticks, PS3 streaming will be a powerful feature for the system. The Vita's hardware specs will still be powerful enough to boast games almost a gen above the 3DS, which is important especially when considering the japanese and other markets. Note how much longer the PSP continued to sell after the DS died. Worldwide the PSP outsells Vita and Wii U on a weekly basis.