By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Bought it, beat it twice, collected the gold bolts, upgraded lots of weapons to lv6 and pretty much played it out (as much as i would play it).

Great game IMO. Only negative point for me was the parts where you play as Clank.

Off topic, but if Naughty Dog did a jak & daxter game (with the artistic style of the first) with the uncharted engine. damn..

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

I thought the game was fun. I would have preferred it to be more of just a platformer and I would have been happy if the shooter element was nixed. It was an example of a game where the motion controls didn't bother me, which is rare because I detest most implementations of it so far on the PS3, so that was a plus. It's a pretty decent game, it sits around 7.5 to 8 for me.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

zackblue said:
I played it in SD I would agree with the 7.5, but in HD its a different situation, it actually makes it seem like a much "funner" game.

I would say its better than call of duty 4, and give it as much as a 9.5/10.

In SD it looks dark and dull, HD it looks amazing. Best ratchet of them all in my opinion.

same for me. I only played the metropolis level in HD (I actually played it about ten times, cause they had a demo connected upto an HDTV while I was waiting for something) but it just looked and felt much better than the rest of the game, although I do think that 7.5 is a bit harsh

Dammit all this talk of the game makes me want to play it again >

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Munkeh111 said:
zackblue said:
I played it in SD I would agree with the 7.5, but in HD its a different situation, it actually makes it seem like a much "funner" game.

In SD it looks dark and dull, HD it looks amazing. Best ratchet of them all in my opinion.

same for me. I only played the metropolis level in HD (I actually played it about ten times, cause they had a demo connected upto an HDTV while I was waiting for something) but it just looked and felt much better than the rest of the game, although I do think that 7.5 is a bit harsh

I don't think there is anything wrong with 7.5.  It's like saying it was a good game overall but not perfect. There were some design choices that may not have worked the best, but still a playable and fun game. 

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Around the Network

Id give it a solid 8/10

I also found the shooting elements to be slow and boring.I just didn't feel the need to ever change my strategy,which was constantly using nano swarmers(this,I know is my own fault but im to lazy to alternate through weapons when i can effectively beat every enemy in the game with one weapon.)This combined with the rediculous amounts of health in boxes made the game extremely easy.

I enjoyed the rest of the game though, especially the Clank senctions.This game also uses the sixaxis better than any other PS3 game.I like using the sixaxis for small sections inthe game like with the decryptor and the skydiving parts,this helps to vary the gameplay experience while not interfering with the core game mechanics.

Profcrab said:
Munkeh111 said:
zackblue said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with 7.5.  It's like saying it was a good game overall but not perfect. There were some design choices that may not have worked the best, but still a playable and fun game. 

He is saying that in SD it is a 7.5, but in HD it is a 9.5 I think do not think that lack of colour makes it loose 2 points.

OT: I am not sure where Insomniac can really take Ratchet, he is on his last legs, although I think there will be one more, with proper space combat, giant clank levels and multiplayer, but I think that will be the end