By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is puppeteer the best looking game on the PS3?

Is this the best looking game on PS3?

Yep! Looks like CGI! 16 42.11%

Nope, God of War: ascension 2 5.26%

Nope, Uncharted 3 10 26.32%

Nope, Rayman Legends 2 5.26%

No, its right up there 8 21.05%

Total:38

Was watching teh GT review and I can't get over how gorgeous and flawless this game looks. The artstyle combined with the realistic rendering and busy environments creates some astounding visuals. Like it actually looks like CGI in parts, I cannot detect a muddy texture or jaggie anywhere. The lighting is ver impressive, the game could quite easily be a PS4 launch title. I'll just post a link to the video review as none of the screen shots on google really do it justice. 

Around the Network

There is no "best looking" because it is not measaruble in an objective way. To judge it you would technical details which we will never get, artstyle is pure opinion.

walsufnir said:
There is no "best looking" because it is not measaruble in an objective way. To judge it you would technical details which we will never get, artstyle is pure opinion.

Agree, but I ask subjectively. Did you watch the video, what do you think?

Game looks great, was looking forward to it for a while now. Glad it getting well deserved scores.

Gamespot - 9/10
IGN - 8.5/10

Great!

All I can say is that it's gorgeous and I love platformers anyway. I'm just afraid that it will probably underachieve sales-wise.

Around the Network

Its definitely the best looking Puppet game this Gen.

I wouldn't say so, The Last of Us is imo at the moment, with Beyond TS looking to dethrone it soon. But the artstyle of Puppeteer is great no doubt and the game looks brilliant overall, also very happy with the meta circa 85, seems like a very good game.
But just like the poster above me, I'm afraid we're seeing a great looking, critically acclaimed commercial flop...

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:

I wouldn't say so, The Last of Us is imo at the moment, with Beyond TS looking to dethrone it soon. But the artstyle of Puppeteer is great no doubt and the game looks brilliant overall, also very happy with the meta circa 85, seems like a very good game.
But just like the poster above me, I'm afraid we're seeing a great looking, critically acclaimed commercial flop...

Really? The last of us was really impressive but it also had a ton of things which rules it from my top selection. aliasing on the envirornments, texure pop in, esecially in the oppening section and a few areas with notably poor textures.    

i was watching the IGN review. after it's announcement trailer i haven't watched any other material from it and the review alone made me preorder it.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse