By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: We Don't See Anything Better than Ryse, Forza 5 on Competing Platforms

Tech junkies can spend all day arguing whether or not PlayStation 4 games will look better or worse than Xbox One software this fall. Honestly, that dispute will probably last as long as the consoles themselves. However, Microsoft isn’t worried about which individual parts are faster or more accustomed to producing fewer bottlenecks. At the end of the day, it comes down to how each and every component of a particular console works in harmony, and in that sense, Microsoft is more than happy with the Xbox One.

Speaking with Rev3Games, Microsoft’s director of product planning, Albert Penello, confessed that he just doesn’t care so much about putting the two consoles’ specs side by side.

“The people that are speculating on this are not our hardware engineers, and we’re not Sony’s hardware engineers,” Penello said when asked about the Xbox One’s power. “I don’t believe that the difference between these two platforms is significant as comparing individual components.”

We keep hearing that the PS4 should, in theory, produce better looking games. But when Penello looks at what’s currently out there, nothing stands out on other platforms that tops a game like Forza 5.

“When I look at these games, I don’t see a difference,” he continued. “I look at games likeRyse, I look at Forza, and I don’t see anything better on a competing platform than what I’m seeing there.”  

Both consoles will launch this November, so the real test will just have to take place when the hardware’s out in the wild. 

source : http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/17221/article/microsoft-we-don-t-see-anything-better-than-ryse-forza-5-on-competing-platforms/

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
he needs a pair of glasses xD

well in launch games the difference isnt that big. but i think it will start to show once infamous comes out. if he is talking about looks there isnt that much of a big of a difference. though killzone does top everything on the xbox IMO

Especially Forza 5 looks anyways far better than any game on the ps4.

I see much better looking games than Ryse on practically every platform.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

they serious?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Grandia said:
Especially Forza 5 looks anyways far better than any game on the ps4.

not sure what you are talking about, the enviroments in Forza 5 look like crap. dont believe me here is some proof

DanneSandin said:
they serious?

i think he is talking about a visual perspective

Of course a MS employee would say this. They don't want to downgrade there own games, but I have to disagree both Killzone and especially Infamous look like better games graphically then Ryse and Forza from what I've seen. Not saying any of the next gen games look bad because they all look fantastic.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Graphically, you really can't compare then yet. The PS4's most graphically advanced title is an fps, and the Xbone's is third person, and both have hugely different art styles. Comparing them on a graphical level from just trailers is essentially impossible, since your own preferences are going to warp your perception.

I'm just looking forward to Naughty Dog's first PS4 game :P They have been leading the console graphics race for years now.

Edit: In regards to Forza 5 and Driveclub, they are even as far as i'm concerned. Both seem to beat each other in different areas, so again, it will come down to personal preferences for now.

Drive club>forza. killzone>rise.