By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 Doesn't need 1m day one sales--Payton misquoted

dabaus513 said:
My guess is that on a 60$ game the developer gets back 30$ ( I've seen Bestbuy drop prices of games by 20$ on a given week so they make more than that as a margin and 50% is typical for retailers)

Retail definitely does not make $30 profit on a game. I believe the markup for retail is closer to $10-12.

Around the Network

MGS 4 will suck big time, it has nothing on GTA 4. I think MGS 4 will sell about 3 million by the end of 2008. GTA 4 will sell about 8 million by the end of 2008.

Dark you are more than welcome to your predictions on how MGS and GTA are going to do, but in the future you may want to think through your reasoning more than just "MGS 4 will suck big time". That being said, you're probably right about GTA 4 beating MGS4 in sales.......but then again, pitting a multiplatform against an arguable exclusive (trying not to start that debate) just doesn't seem fair.

If MGS 4 is anything like Splinter Cell games, being a stealth based shooter, I would give it a wide berth. MGS 4 will ideal be for MGS fans and stealth game fans. I got to admit the graphics for MGS 4 look great.

that....was a complete turn around.....and I gotta say I don't know what to do next.....well played sir, well played.

I actually recently watched a synopsis of all the MGS's storylines, which is good because to be honest I had only played MGS 2 and 3 before and I barely understood them at the time anyway. I highly suggest watching something like I did to anyone waiting to play MGS4.

Around the Network

my favourite part is:

It must sell a million (Or Else...?) Like whats gonna happen if they don't, are they gonna stop shipping the game after 1 day? That is if the quote was true.