By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Will PS4 lifetime Sales Be? (Vita+WiiU Link Inside)

geddie221 raises some interesting points. PS4 is a very "safe" product and satisfies the short term. I actually think XB1 is going to recover from the bad press and will win the generation b/c of Kinect 2.0.

The good news is, PS4's price will come down much faster than the PS3. I also don't see this gen lasting as long, and feel Nintendo is going to shake things up once again in '17. Wii U will be their last traditional console, but is the prototype for their next release which I believe will be the truly mobile iteration (i.e. smartpad console, & wireless hdmi out to tvs...power level between xb1 & ps4).

Final prediction: 65 mil ltd for PS4

Around the Network

3DS-110m
PS4-95m
One-65m
WiiU-40m
Vita-30m

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

If I were to guess, I'd predict the PS4 sales to be right in between the PS3 and PS2 sales, so that means about 115-120 million units. I don't think it will dominate like the PS2 did, but the market is growing, and it should start out incredibly strong and continue on with that momentum due to a strong library of games.

I don't believe in the value of Kinect 2.0 and the 500 dollar price tag, I think the XB1 will struggle everywhere that isn't North America. The Wii U should rebound as it's the cheapest console that has a strong 2014 library of games, and casuals will flock to it when it's 200-250 dollars like the Wii was. I'm going to assume next gen will be as long as this gen (so 7 or 8 years)

Listing them out:
PS4: 115-120 million units
Wii U: 80 million units (I doubt many have Nintendo nearly this high)
XB1: 45 million units
3DS: 160 million units
PS Vita: 25 million units (last Sony handheld)

Human contact, the final frontier.

the_lonely_gamer_123 said:
If I were to guess, I'd predict the PS4 sales to be right in between the PS3 and PS2 sales, so that means about 115-120 million units. I don't think it will dominate like the PS2 did, but the market is growing, and it should start out incredibly strong and continue on with that momentum due to a strong library of games.

I don't believe in the value of Kinect 2.0 and the 500 dollar price tag, I think the XB1 will struggle everywhere that isn't North America. The Wii U should rebound as it's the cheapest console that has a strong 2014 library of games, and casuals will flock to it when it's 200-250 dollars like the Wii was. I'm going to assume next gen will be as long as this gen (so 7 or 8 years)

Listing them out:

Isnt the 3DS tracking way behind the DS?

100 million for the ps4

Around the Network
Xxain said:
How exactly are we suppose to determine this? Any number's in this thread are just going to be pulled out of an ass. We should probably wait to see PS4 market performance for the first few months.

can i pull one out of my vagina and not my ass?

think-man said:
the_lonely_gamer_123 said:

Listing them out:

Isnt the 3DS tracking way behind the DS?

I meant to put 130 million units, darn number pad. It is, yes, but seeing as the PS Vita is selling WAY worse than the PSP, I think more handheld gamers will choose the 3DS seeing as it's really the only thing out there. If it moves about 15-20 million consoles each year in the next couple of years, it should reach that mark easily.

Human contact, the final frontier.

Judging by all the market I think it'll get from Xbox+the fact that PS3 is going to end up around 100m, I'll say 130m. Was going to say 120 but I may as well go a bit higher since that's already been predicted. Considering how well they did with a year late, $200 more than the closest competitor, online infancy growing pains (till 08 or so), and being the most expensive console the ENTIRE gen I don't see anything less than 100m unless you're in the camp of "the console market is shrinking." They're definitely going to grow in market share this gen.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I'm gonna be modest and go 860 million.

I make videos that are sometimes funny I think?

Check out my Youtube gaming channel here!

Probably around 110M