By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 150Mhz CPU boost on XBO, now in production (1.75 GHZ)

BHR-3 said:
superchunk said:
ok so I guess this confirms the CPU upgrade... but when did MS confirm any GPU upgrade? I thought that was all rumors.

its referring to the overclock

I get that they are overclocked... however I guess I missed a source from before that said this was offical from MS. Last I was reading was that it was rumor only.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
ok so I guess this confirms the CPU upgrade... but when did MS confirm any GPU upgrade? I thought that was all rumors.

It think MS itself announced minutes after the rumor...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/08/02/report-microsoft-to-announce-upgraded-gpu-speed-for-xbox-one.aspx

The podcast: http://majornelson.com/cast/2013/08/02/mnr-486-marc-whitten-updates-us-on-the-progress-of-xbox-one/

ethomaz said:
BHR-3 said:
ethomaz help us out wasnt last gen in the 3ghz range for ps360s CPUs and didnt PS3 have 2.1TFLOPS 1.8 of which was for the RSX compared to PS4s 2TFLOPS 1.84 of which is for the GPU

Last gen GPUs were from 200-240 GFLOPS... RSX more close to 200 e 360's GPU more close to 240.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/05/16/e3-2005-ps3-tech-specs-2

its TFLOPS!!! lol

what about the cpu 3.2 vs ps4XB1 1.6-20ghz

Play Me

ethomaz said:
Azerth said:
Heres what albert had to say about the tweet

C'mon seriously? That was not a shot - only you guys would think that. I was in a meeting on my phone, shot out a quick tweet. Srsly. Sony haven't announced the CPU speed, as people have noted. Plus - when I take a pot-shot at the competition I'm gonna be way more obvious than that. I'm not a fan of the passive-aggressive. As I'm sure you've figured out - you don't announce something like this at the same time you're working on it. Obviously this has been in the works, but now that we're in full production we felt OK about announcing it. Devs should start seeing this soon - so any performance gains were happening on the 1.6 boxes. (everything at PAX was on the 1.6). This is a boost to developers on top of the optimizations going on. Lastly - can I PLEASE finally get you over this "we're having production issues" thing that's going around? We increased the GPU 6%. We increased the CPU almost 10%. We have been showing retail boxes. We are now in full production. If at this point these facts don't outweigh random rumors...

I see no problem with that being a shot... I posted because I liked... Yosh did the same two times.

Now about his comments he seems really upsert about the production issues rumors.

Notice how he again proves you wrong, ethomaz? He again mentions no supply issues. Does this mean you'll stop trying to say that in threads?

BHR-3 said:
superchunk said:

its referring to the overclock

I'd call it "more clock", not overclock. Let's see if the cpu clock turns out to be 1.705GHz in a few days, not 1.75GHz.

Sony uses a base 800MHz clock for evrything. MS now uses a 853MHz base clock for esam and gpu, but somethin else for 1.75GHz cpu clocking. So either they go with aynchronous cpus (could add latencies) now, ot they actually just upped "the" clock by 53MHz (and you get 1.705Ghz for cpu clocking).

Around the Network

BHR-3 said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/05/16/e3-2005-ps3-tech-specs-2

its TFLOPS!!! lol

what about the cpu 3.2 vs ps4XB1 1.6-20ghz

PR bull... I'm sure about that.

The CPU is hard to compare... x86 is better for games than PowerPC (and devs knows to works better with x86 than PowerPC) so even with low lock I think they are better than last gen.

Devs will need to make more multithreaded code because these CPUs are strong in multithread and not single core clock.

ethomaz said:
Azerth said:
Heres what albert had to say about the tweet

C'mon seriously? That was not a shot - only you guys would think that. I was in a meeting on my phone, shot out a quick tweet. Srsly. Sony haven't announced the CPU speed, as people have noted. Plus - when I take a pot-shot at the competition I'm gonna be way more obvious than that. I'm not a fan of the passive-aggressive. As I'm sure you've figured out - you don't announce something like this at the same time you're working on it. Obviously this has been in the works, but now that we're in full production we felt OK about announcing it. Devs should start seeing this soon - so any performance gains were happening on the 1.6 boxes. (everything at PAX was on the 1.6). This is a boost to developers on top of the optimizations going on. Lastly - can I PLEASE finally get you over this "we're having production issues" thing that's going around? We increased the GPU 6%. We increased the CPU almost 10%. We have been showing retail boxes. We are now in full production. If at this point these facts don't outweigh random rumors...

I see no problem with that being a shot... I posted because I liked... Yosh did the same two times.

Now about his comments he seems really upsert about the production issues rumors.

How can they be producing, have units on Gamescon and still be "upgrading" the box and pretend that they are mass producing without probelem?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

nightsurge said:

Notice how he again proves you wrong, ethomaz? He again mentions no supply issues. Does this mean you'll stop trying to say that in threads?

He proved? lol Xbox One will have supply issues because the late start of production... they just started the production now... that's because they delayed in 8 countries because they won't have enough units production for the launch.

ethomaz said:
manny10032 said:
Didn't the FCC peak the PS4's CPU at 2.75Ghz??

2.75Ghz is the GDDR5 memory clock... some guys in GAF are doing the same confusion (I already corrected two)

And now the Xbone goes GOLD they can finally do the FCC certification... what make the Major Nelson comment about before July silly.

They were certified before the PS4. Major Nelson and Penello confirmed this.

ethomaz said:
fireburn95 said:
This system seems rushed that a couple months before release they are clocking cpu speeds and gpu speeds (I have no idea what that means tbh) but I wouldn't be shocked if xbox one has a similar over heating problem to the original 360, i mean i could cook raw meat when mine would overheat.
Since the specs are soo similar to ps4, i wonder if sony could boost speeds post launch

They need to... the gap in specs is bigger than what they expected.

So in resume we have: 53Mhz in GPU and 150Mhz in CPU.

About your question... the boost is less than 10% so it will be fine.

Is that an actual fact or another one of your opinions? It's just as likely that MS played it safe to begin with and then realized they could increase clock speeds later on without the console over-heating. That theory just doesn't fit your agenda as well, though.