By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Sold out until 2014 in New Zealand & Australia

In the US the base price for both the PS4 and X1 controller is $59.99.

Around the Network
wick said:
All my local retailers here in Australia stopped taking pre-orders a month ago.

Yeah that was the same as here, but I didnt know we shouldnt be getting another shipment for over a month.

Chris Hu said:

In the US the base price for both the PS4 and X1 controller is $59.99.

Damn, we are getting scammed 

Incubi said:
Wonder how many units Sony allocated to that region. Does anyone have any idea how many units Sony will be able to produce this fall?

To NZ & Australia combined? probably not many Australia pop of 22m and NZ pop of 4.5m.

Maybe 20-30k

NZ im pretty sure gets its consoles shipped from Aussies litter.

Probably due to PS4 getting launched in Japan this year as well in December....

BELIEVE!!!!!!

Around the Network
Jabbamk1 said:
Probably due to Japan getting the PS4 shipped to them in December....

BELIEVE!!!!!!

I hope so, Japan deserves it first I reckon.

Yeah I ordered mine about a month back and the guy that served me said that I was lucky enough to have made the cut off point cos all preorders from the next day onwards couldn't be guarenteed allocation...
Then I was in the same shop about 4 days later and I heard the guy tell another customer the exact same thing!!!???

think-man said:

To NZ & Australia combined? probably not many Australia pop of 22m and NZ pop of 4.5m.

Maybe 20-30k

NZ im pretty sure gets its consoles shipped from Aussies litter.

Yeah, I think New Zealand does, from a market point of view, New Zealand might as well be another state of Australia, with it's freedom of movement and trade.

The PS4 in Australia is $550 and the Xbox One is $600, so it would be cheaper to import from Australia anyway, even with shipping and currency conversion.

And although we are a small market, we are still pretty darn high consumers (Per capita) of all things tech. :)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Maybe Japanese people are preordering from AUS or NZ since it is fairly close.

Incubi said:
Wonder how many units Sony allocated to that region. Does anyone have any idea how many units Sony will be able to produce this fall?

Australia and NZ are really small markets. The shipments will be the same. It'll be quicker to pre-order from over-seas right now!! I only know 1 person who actually bothered to pre-order! IRL, I mean.