By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Problems with Game Database

So I added a ton of games to the database and I discovered a couple bugs and things that I think should be improved.

1) say you set the date of a game to Jan. 12th, 1995 and save it. If you go back to editing the game, then the page now says Jan. 13th, 1995. This is a problem, because if someone just goes in to update a spelling error, or add info to the summary, then he would incidentally change the date.

2) If you set the date for America to Jan 12th, 1995, and set both Japan, and Europe to Unknown and save it. If you go back to editing the game, all previously unknown games that follow one that was set, is now set to whatever the known was was at. So in this example, all 3 regions now show Jan 13th, 1995

3) If you don't set a publisher for a region,  and don't click unknown for the date, then the date left in the boxes is displayed. It might be better if you have to put N/A as publisher if you don't know who did, and then allow the date to be displayed.

4) If a game was never released in America, you should be able to leave the field blank, and then fill in whatever region is known. The game database should display the first known publisher, or possibly make a Radio button next to each region, so the user can decide which publisher was the primary publisher.

I know your busy ioi, but fixing these would help prevent errors with release dates and regions.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

I noticed the problem with the dates moving up a notch when editing, and problem number 2 as well. I posted about problem number one before, and I figure a fix for these are all coming as soon as ioi starts work on the game pages and database.

It's good that we bring them up though. Maybe we should have a stickied thread compiling a list of bugs for the game pages/database.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

^Will more games be added cause the game database is not even close in having all the PS2 games

I sure do hope so, ioi! I've been fiddling with these problems for months and months!

wiiforever said:
^Will more games be added cause the game database is not even close in having all the PS2 games
  Then add all the missing PS2 games, its as simple as that.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

Is there a way to look up game sales by region? For instance...can you look up the top selling games for Japan on the Cube, etc?

super_etecoon said:
Is there a way to look up game sales by region? For instance...can you look up the top selling games for Japan on the Cube, etc?

Under Japan and America (but not Other) at the top bar, you can find "Totals", which will tell you the top selling games for that region, which can be organized several different ways, including by console.

Top 10 for Gamecube in Japan:

Super Smash Bros Melee
Nintendo1,389,633
Mario Party 4
Nintendo917,426
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Nintendo885,536
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Nintendo873,356
Super Mario Sunshine
Nintendo869,265
Mario Party 5
Nintendo728,610
Pokemon Colosseum
Nintendo697,566
Animal Crossing +
Nintendo666,741
Mario Party 6
Nintendo599,691
Pikmin 2
Nintendo558,979

^the Japanese do like their smash - SSBB may likely surpass Melee lifetime sales this week!

Thanks Montana!

ioi said:
The game database will be going through a total overhaul in the next couple of weeks so these things will all be done differently and addressed then.

Thanks

ioi

This is awesome news. Although I love the prediction league, this is bigger news in my eyes. :)

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."